54. I was happy T O O

"I am not religious but I am deeply spiritual. Perhaps that's what we all ought to be -
to erase all lines that separate you and me."
J.M D E  L O S  R E Y E S

●◑◐

"So do you want a big wedding or small?" I questioned as I ran my fingers through her hair

"So do you want a big wedding or small?" I questioned as I ran my fingers through her hair. She didn't answer for a bit and I didn't really mind as her face was only visible under the light the moon provided.

"Mmm small and that's only cause I would want it up in Canada." She shrugged.

I frowned slightly as I didn't expect the second part of the sentence. I didn't figure her for a big lavish wedding kind of woman so the first part had been obvious to me, "And how are all my family supposed to get there?"

"The same way my family would if we had it in the States somewhere, Corbin."

"We should probably get to the arena" I moved slightly with the intention of standing up but her hand on my thigh stopped me. Her back was to my chest as we sat on the hill I had taken her to so long ago.

"I'm sorry, I just assumed it would be in Canada. But you know you give off the vibe of not caring much about family" she shrugged and leaned back so that she was able to look at me.

"I don't. But I would like to rub it in their faces that I am marrying you." I wasn't exactly lying. I was the chubby kid of the family who had his own demons and hence stayed away from family functions and all that. My brother Dan was the more sociable one between us and I liked that I wasn't obligated to anything. But while I wasn't the best person, loving Renee was probably the best part of me and I wanted to show her off.

She smiled and kissed me briefly, "We can brainstorm some more when we have time, wolf"

"We haven't even gotten our house sorted out" I narrowed my eyes as everything had still not been unpacked yet.

She pouted a bit before slowly tracing her thumb over my stubble as she seemed to think, "We don't have to rush everything. I mean our relationship took awhile, I feel secure just with this ring so personally I don't mind holding off on wedding planning for abit."

"I do though." I mumbled and took her hand off my face and traced my finger over the skull.

"No one is going to steal me away from you"
I rolled my eyes and she shoved my chest to which I chuckled. "I'm serious. But we can see how things go okay?"

I nodded while she stood up and extended her hand which I took but pulled her down onto me. "We have Smackdown and you know I'm already late."

"I know but its a full moon. Let's just stay for five more minutes?"

She agreed and I smiled as she rested her head on my chest. As sickening as it sounded I wouldn't mind if we could lay under the moon for hours. Just two wolves united beneath the full moon...