Chapter 2: Link Start (Hikaru's POV)

"Alright now to do some research on this VR stuff. Alright so first things first, how it wor--"

Someone knocks on my door so I get up to see who it is. I open the door and see Yujin with a NerveGear box.

"Hey Hiku! Got it for you!"

"Thanks, Yujin! If I don't like it I'll return it, promise!"

He smiled, waved and ran back to his house. I closed the front door and double locked it as well as all the windows and turned on the AC.

"Don't want to be sweating and breathing heavy like I'm living in Arizona or something when I log out...."

I made sure everything was good, sat down on my bed and found out how to get everything working. Thanks to Yujin for leaving the instructions in the box.....about 5 minutes I finally figured it out and put the game in and the headset on. I lied down on my back and closed my eyes....I took a deep breath.

"Link start!"

After a few minutes of creating my character and name I've finally spawned in.....I looked down at my clothes.

"Ugh these are seriously horrible looking...."

I took out my sword and looked at it.

"Low damage....gonna have to go looking at the blacksmith shop for a weapon..."

A message randomly pops up in front of me...I got a message...from who??

"From: ???
             Meet me outside the town and we'll talk. You'll know me when you see me, and I'll know you when I see you. ♥"

Well...that's a little weird....should I be afraid...? Oh well I suppose I should go out to see who question question question mark is....I asked someone named Argo how to leave town and she directed me. I left town and saw a big group of people talking amongst each other. I snuck myself into the crowd and saw a girl wearing all black with long red hair but I can't see her eyes....she looked straight at me and ran towards me. Uuuuhhh should I move? Uh-oh....ah! She practically jumped on me by hugging me and seems excited....do I know her?

"I finally found you! I sent a message to every player to come outside of town so that I can find the perfect person to help me clear this floor! You look strong, and really smart! Will you please help me? Please! I-I'll pay you back! Y-you can have the reward from the boss if you want!"

Eeehhhhhhh.....I don't even know what I'm doing....I guess I'll help. I guess it'll be good to make a few friends....

"Okay okay I'll help! And I really don't need any rewards, really....I'm not sure what I'm doing...I only played a little not of the beta but I forgot all of it...."

"That's perfectly fine! I don't know what I'm doing either, so we'll figure it out!"

She sent me a party request and it popped up for me to join her party.

"Ikiru.....hmm that's a nice name."

She giggled a bit and I accepted the invite.

"Thanks.......Hiku!!"

I growled a bit but playfully rolled my eyes

"Please don't call me that..."

"I will call you whatever I want!"

She giggled and turned around to everyone.

"Sorry everyone! You can go now!"

She doesn't exactly seem like the fighting type....but I suppose I shouldn't judge a book by its cover.....she grabbed my hand and took me back into town, and into the shopping district.

"We should go get some new weapons. The defaults don't exactly seem like the best weapons to use."

She said while smiling and taking me to a blacksmith shop. I looked around at all the weapons and picked out one that had high damage and kinda suited me. It was a two-handed sword that was pretty heavy, but durable. I couldn't buy it. Forgot that I don't have any 'Col' gonna have to go get some money then....

"So apparently I don't have any money and can't buy any thing....guess that means we have to go get some, huh, Hiku!"

"Yeah I don't  have any either...let's get working, then!"

We both went outside town and started defeating monsters and opening chests....wow this game is so much more than I thought it was....sorry Yujin, but I don't think you'll be getting this back anytime soon....