Chapter 27: Hikaru's POV

I waved goodbye to my friends as I walked inside my apartment. I closed and locked the door, and opened up the window. I looked at my watch and saw that it was almost midnight.......I'd better get some sleep.....I can check this game out tomorrow. I took out the new 'Alfheim' online game and set it down on my desk.....I lied down on my bed and sighed, covering my eyes.....I seriously couldn't sleep.....

About 2 or 3 hours past.....and I STILL can't sleep......I sighed and looked up at my ceiling....I heard soft knocking on my door. I got up and walked towards my door, not expecting who is behind the other end.....I got a little nervous, thinking maybe it was that guy from school......I opened up my door, carefully, and saw Iku standing there in the rain, holding her arms, trying to stay warm....

"I-iku! Come in!"

I gently pulled her inside and shut the door.....I grabbed a blanket and started trying to warm her up.....I wrapped my arms around her and held her close.

"I'm sorry Hiku....i-i couldn't s-sleep...."

She spoke softly, shivering from the cold. I noticed that her clothes were keeping her cold....

"Well, I guess I gotta ruin the surprise...."

I reached under my bed and pulled out a pretty, decorated box, with Iku's name on it. I held it out in front of her.

"I decided to get you a gift.....you haven't really been yourself lately....and I just felt it would be a good idea. Anyways, here you go."

I smiled and she took it, smiling lightly at me. She was still shaking like crazy.....man, rain is brutal....she opened up the box, and nicely folded inside it was a nightgown with pretty red roses all on it. Her eyes lit up as her smile got bigger, making me smile....I don't know why seeing her so happy makes my heart just melt.....she's so adorable.........

"H-hiku...."

I smiled at her and she put the box down. I got a little confused for a second....

"Thank you so much..!"

She leaned in close and hugged me tight, her arms wrapping around my neck...I smiled, and hugged her.

"You're welcome Iku."

She pulled away and I expected her to back away further, but she stayed near me....we were face-to-face....I looked into her beautiful eyes. She leaned in close and gently kissed my lips.....I couldn't smile, but in my mind I was smiling the whole time....I closed my eyes and kissed her......we both jumped slightly, at the sound of thunder.....I glared at the window, towards the sky.....wow, way to ruin the moment thunder.....Iku smiled at me. I looked at her and smiled back. She backed away and looked at the nightgown.

"May I wear it?"

"Oh of course! You can go change in my bathroom if you want!"

"Thank you Hiku!"

She ran off into the bathroom and closed the door......she's definitely herself now.....a few minutes passed and I heard the bathroom door open. I turned to it and saw Iku blushing, while walking out, wearing the nightgown. I couldn't help but smile.....she walked to me, while holding her hands and smiled.

"Th-thank you so much Hikuuu."

She kissed my cheek and smiled. I smiled bigger and noticed that she's still shaking a little....

"Umm....h-hey Hiku...? Do you mind if I...y-you know, sleep here with you tonight...? I can't sleep.....and I'm sure you could make me more comfortable...."

I smiled and nodded.

"Of course you can Iku. Come here and lay down. You still look cold...."

She lied down on my bed, and smiled at me. I covered her up, and tried to make her as warm as possible. I turned off the lights and lied down next to her. I smiled, as I looked into her beautiful eyes.....I wrapped my arm around her and we both slowly started to drift to sleep.....looks like we both can get some sleep now......