Chapter 48: Hikaru's POV

"What did you say....?"

I stared at my hand in pain and with my eyes wide....

"I'm....bleeding, and feeling pain..! Was there anything in the notices about something like this?!"

"No, not that I remember....let me check it out though."

Iku scrolled through the notices forum to see if anything was announced, but nothing was new.....

"Nope....nothing."

"Then why am I feeling pain?!"

"Here, let me try it on myself."

Iku took out my dagger and went to stab her hand. I grabbed her wrist quickly and stopped her.

"Hey! No don't do that!!!! If something's going on, and we're feeling pain, then I'm not just gonna let you stab yourself!"

"S-sorry....."

I let go and she gave my back my dagger. I noticed that I never lost any HP......

"Hey....wait a second..."

I took my dagger and cut my finger. Normally a cut like that, in an area like this would make you lose at least 1 HP, but I didn't.....

"Okay, I need to duel with someone now."

"W-what? Why??"

"I have a theory I need to test...."

Haruna sent me a duel request.

"It has been quite a while since we have fought, Hikaru."

"Yep. Not once since SAO...."

"I do believe you owe me a rematch."

"Alright then."

I accepted the duel request and looked around for any monsters that could interrupt. I took out my sword, and got ready, as Haruna did the same. She looked at me with a blank face, and a slight blush. I looked at her body to figure out what her movements would be.
10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1
GO!