Chapter 49: Hikaru's POV

Haruna lunged towards me, going to attack my right shoulder, so I went to attack her left side. I missed, and she hit me. Normally, a hit like that, from a level like hers, would bring my HP down at least half....I looked up at my HP, and I wasn't losing any HP.....I looked at my shoulder, and noticed it was bleeding....I then started to feel a great amount of pain on my shoulder....

"Ah! I resign!"

I ended the duel and held my shoulder, as I fell on my knees....

"Hikaru, you are bleeding again. Is it a new setting?"

"No, this isn't normal....my HP didn't drain at all, but I felt real pain, and I'm actually bleeding....guys, I think we should go and look through the news in real life to see if there's anything about it....I'm gonna log off, okay?"

They all nodded to me, and we all logged off.....I opened my eyes and took off my NerveGear....I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder once more....

"AH!!!! What the--"

I noticed blood coming from my shoulder.....I ran into the bathroom and looked at my shoulder, which had a cut identical to the cut Haruna left on me in ALO.....what's going on....? I noticed my knuckles were bleeding and were hurting.....I received a text from Iku, so I went to check it....my shoulder was still hurting like crazy! I checked my phone.

Iku:
Hey, I didn't find anything on the news about it! Have you found anything?

Me:
Hey. We need to talk, get everyone to meet me at the park, okay?

Iku:
Oh um....okay......see you soon, then...