Chapter 10: Hiku's POV

I ran as fast as I could across the marketplace to reach Iku's voice. I was practically punching people out of my way. I finally reached her voice, and saw her standing in front of an item store...smiling.....I rushed to her side with my sword and pushed her behind me to protect her...

"Woah Hiku! Don't attack it's okay!"

I looked at her confused.

"Then why'd you yell for me? I figured you were in trouble..."

"No that's not it at all! Look Hiku!"

She jumped beside me in excitement. She's cute when she's excited...I blushed a little bit and put my sword away.

"This NPC is giving away some materials for free!!! And guess what? They're the exact amount of materials you need for that weapon you want!"

I glared and nervously looked at all the NPC's items. She was right...this is more than enough....I tried to quickly think of a reason why I can't take them...

"W-well don't you think this might be a trap or something?"

"Hmm?"

She tilted her head at me.

"Whaddya mean?"

"Well, all of those items that players need, and no one has taken them yet? And they're just free? Something just isn't right with it..."

She jumped back and hid behind me.

"You're right! What kind of horrible plans do you have random NPC!"

The NPC grabbed me and took me into a small area behind all of the stores and such, where neither of us could be seen from a normal player.

"You can call your friend back here. I just want to talk with you two"

I called out to Iku and she walked to where we were, with her sword ready. She walked straight to the NPC and put the blade of her sword to his neck. I looked at her in shock.

"Why did you take him without warning? What were you planning?"

I gently placed my hand on her hand. She blushed lightly, and put her sword away.

"I just want to talk..."

He lowered the Hood he was wearing and revealed the white eyes he had...

"Hey wait a second! You're that NPC that people are saying can give you tons of legendary items and stuff, right?"

"Yes....except for the legendary items though...  now this beautiful girl here said earlier that you needed these items for a weapon or something. I'll be willing to sacrifice myself to you, considering you need it more than I do.....just kill me quickly please. And quietly so no one hears. If someone finds out you defeated the NPC with the "legendary" equipment, they'll want to kill you."

I let down my Hood and showed my white eyes.

"Maybe you and me could work out something. Killing people or NPCs just really isn't my style anyway."

He looked at me and his eyes widened.

"W-what?! Your eyes are white too?!"

I nodded and smiled. Maybe we can work out something and get people to get off us...he smiled and shook my hand.

"Sounds like a plan!"