Chapter 43

I sat down on a bench in a small market.....I could feel my heart pounding and pounding, punching against my chest.....it started to become difficult to breath.....I felt a sharp pain on my chest, where my heart is, and I grasped my chest....

"A-ah...!"

I held my chest in pain....I turned to my side, and on the bench was a man....seemed to be around the same age as me, late 80's....

"Hey Hiku....you've lived a good life. No one will ever forget the Legend that saved the world. Thank you for all you have done, brother...."

I looked at his face, and it was so familiar....

"Y-yujin....? B-but you passed away a few years ago--"

I felt a sharper pain in my chest, making me grasp my chest again, and interrupting me....

"It's okay Hiku. You can let go....you've fought the good fight, and you've fought it well. We love you brother...."

And with that, he got up and seemed to disappear....I looked to my other side, and saw my beautiful wife playing with my amazing children.....they are having fun, smiling.....I can feel my heart rate drastically slowing down.....it became more and more difficult to breath....my eyes started to close.....I can see my wonderful family running towards me.....I gently held my wife, Iku's hand....and took my last breath.....

"I....love you.....all of you......"

I closed my eyes.....and let go......