Chapter 12 {floor 71} Hiku's POV

"Hey Mister 'legend'"

Iku said as she pushed me against the wall. I looked at her confused.

"Umm...what?"

She pulled up a page of the news in SAO that showed a picture of me in that last boss battle with Keme and his friends...I blushed and sweat dripped down my face...

"T-thats not me!"

"Oh yeah?!"

She looked at it and read it to me in an angrily tone...

"'Level ONE HUNDRED AND THREE player HIKARU SEKAI saves group from boss with weapons and skills never seen inside SAO!' You must be lying to me about your name too if this isn't you!"

I chuckled nervously.

"O-okay that is me....I don't see what the big problem is..."

"The problem is you keeping these little secrets from me! 'Skills and weapons that have never been seen in SAO'?? When were you gonna tell me about that?! Is that why you've been so suspicious when ever I ask about those materials?!"

"Okay okay calm down! I was going to tell--"

I was interrupted by Iku pushing her finger on my lips, making me blush slightly.

"No excuses! Got it?!"

I nodded quickly. She let go and sat down on the bed, messing around with that bracelet I gave her. She sighed as I sat down next to her...

"Okay listen....the only reason I kept it from you from the start, was because I didn't know how you would react....knowing I had a weapon like that. I was eventually going to tell you once I got to know you a lot better. But then as we got more close, I realized just how mad you would be that I kept it from you....I was afraid, I'll admit that. And I'm sorry..."

I looked down and felt her arms wrap around me. I hugged her.

"You could have just told me Hiku. I promise I wouldn't have been this mad if you would have told me this before...thank you for being honest with me......Legend.."

She smiled and I lightly kissed her head...I heard the door to our room open and saw Orochi and Yujin walking in wearing weird colors and had food with them...me and Iku looked at them confused...they seemed excited about something...

"What are you guys wearing....?"

I looked at them awkwardly....I'm not really the bright colors kind of guy...

"What? We just went and saw a crazy duel outside of town! Apparently there was this guy was mocking the other guy or something and he got like super mad and so they fought! We didn't really stick around for the end so we don't know the outcome...but it was a super long fight! So that's what the food is about, but as for these clothes, dude we got to get free tickets to that fighting tournament!"

I tilted my head in confusion...

"What tournament??"

"Oh, there was a big dueling tournament going on at floor 23!!! People had to do one-on-one fights with other players, to see who would get to the very top! We wore these colors because it was the team we were rooting for!"

Ohhhh I get it now...I smiled at them.

"Did the player win?"

"Almost! She got to the very last battle but lost!"

"Well, hopefully you guys didn't bet on her or anything. That would have been a disaster!"

They both smiled very nervously...

"Oh no, you guys? Really?"

Iku said, looking at them disappointed.

"What? We didn't bet right away! We were just rooting for her at first, and then she got better and better and we thought she would win! So we bet all of our col on her...."

I facepalmed....I noticed Orochi look at me and he squinted his eyes...

"Say, Hiku...."

I looked at him.

"I read those papers today....anything you want to tell us? 'Legend'??"

I sighed.

"Yeah I kept it from you guys...blah blah blah. I already made everything right with Iku."

"Ummmmm, what Hiku? No you haven't! I just forgives you, that's all. You owe me for lying and keeping that secret!"

"W-what?! What do I owe you?"

She looked around thinking of something...

"Well, first off I want ice cream!"

I sighed and got up.

"Fine let's go get ice cream then..."

She jumped up excitedly...

"Oh and another thing! You have to carry me!"

"W-what?! Why?"

"Because! You owe me Legend!"

I sighed...

"Please stop calling me that..."

"Hey! First it was Hiku you didn't like, now this? You gotta pick one or the other, Hiku!"

I sighed and swept Iku off her feet and carried her towards Orochi and Yujin. I looked at them and sighed....

"Hey...you guys uhhh...."

"Yay! Go fourth!"

Iku interrupted me by pointing forward, outside of the inn.

"Guys I'm gonna need your help....with that paper, there will probably be some players jealous....I need you guys to be like my bodyguard or something...I can't necessarily protect myself while im carrying this princess here..."

They nodded and I walked out of the inn, carrying Iku.