Chapter 44: Hikaru's POV

"AH!!!!"

I woke up in a panic, grasping my head....my head was pounding and I felt so sick....I got up and was about to open the door to my room, when Iku opened the door....it was morning already. She looked at me concerned, and tilted her head...

"H-hiku, are you okay?"

I very gently moved her, and ran into the bathroom, closing and locking the door.

"Hiku! Is everything okay?!"

After about an hour of throwing up, and feeling horrible.....I finally opened the door, feeling better.....

"I-iku....?"

I walked out of the bathroom and held my head....I saw Iku run up to me and hold me....

"Hiku what happened?! You scared me! Are you okay?!"

I hugged her.....

"I-im sorry....I just suddenly didn't feel well at all.....um, what time is it?"

I tried to back away, but she wouldn't let go....

"It's 8 AM...."

My eyes widened....

"W-we're late for school!"

"No, Hiku it's fine....school was canceled today, because of some lighting problems....I would have woken you up sooner, but....you were sleeping peacefully. Which I haven't seen you do....were you dreaming about something...?"

She still wouldn't let go of me, so I held her close to me....

"I think so, but right now I don't remember it....sorry to scare you Iku...."

I saw her parents walk up the stairs, and they had a concerned look on their face....

"Is he okay, Iku?"

"You okay, son?"

I looked at her parents and nodded, smiling...

"Yes, I'm okay. I guess I just wasn't feeling well....nothing to worry about."

Iku just won't let go of me though....I felt a small, soft kiss on the side of my neck, making me blush....I looked down at Iku and she looked up at me, with a slight blush....

"D-dont scare me like that....okay?!"

I nodded to her.

"Y-yeah....sorry."

She backed away and told her parents it was nothing. They went back downstairs and Iku crossed her arms....

"So, why do you think that happened? Did you eat something bad?"

I looked around and exhaled sharply.....

"No, I don't think it was anything I ate....it's never that bad. And besides, you and your family ate the same thing I did so I don't think it's food...."

"Oh well, I'm sure we'll figure it out!"