Chapter 39: Hikaru's POV

"Hikaru, this is the best thing for you! It'll help I promise."

I crossed my arms, angrily at my principal.

"I don't need a Foster family! I'm old enough to live on my own!"

"You're putting all of your money on those games of yours....you can't just do that Hikaru. You need to put money towards your life. You need the support of a family! You used to have straight A's all the time! Now all of a sudden, you're failing your classes, you're failing gym! You need this!"

I sighed and looked away.

"I have my reasons...."

"Okay, if you call playing hours on that game and using no time to study is a good reason, then okay!"

I looked at her angrily as she mocked me....

"Look, all I'm saying is that a Foster family would be good for you that's all. You could have a family that could pay for your school and such! You could even take these little games of yours with you. I get it, you've been living alone for most of your life. But come on, you can't be alone all the time!"

She looked down at an old, broken NerveGear headset....

"It's like back in SAO, a solo player has his limits, right? Well you're just about at your limits!"

She looked back at me and smiled. My eyes softened and I looked down.

"Look, I'm not forcing you or anything Hikaru. I just think it would be a good idea. And if you need to talk about anything, I'm here. And you also know that I work as a nurse when I'm not here, so you can ask me about anything. I'm here for you, okay? Just please consider this."

I sighed and nodded to her.....

"Good luck, random player!"

She said, jokingly.....I guess using SAO terms really is the best way to get through to me....Ms. Karuso, my principal, has always been there for me.....she was in SAO with me, so she knows how I feel, and what I've gone through. She's was a Foster child...maybe she really is right......I don't know, I guess I'll talk to everyone about it....I walked out of the school hallway, and saw my friends all huddled up. I walked over and suddenly they all stopped talking....

"H-hey Hiku!!! How'd everything go? You're not in trouble, are you?! If so, I have no problem with going and beating her all day in ALO!! I could do it in a safe-zone so she doesn't lose HP!"

I gently placed my hand on Iku.

"I-iku no it's okay! I'm not in trouble, you don't have to do anything....she just wanted to talk with me about my grades and stuff. Apparently I really need to bring up my grades...."

She smiled at me and I looked at everyone.

I saw a girl walk past us and she looked familiar....she looked way too familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it...!

"E-excuse me, miss!"

I ran to her and stopped her. I could hear my friends following behind me.

"Y-yes...? Can I help you?"

She looked ready to attack....maybe from SAO or ALO....?

"Hi uhm.....forgive me if I'm just being weird here, but you look really familiar.....I really don't know where I've seen you from but I know you somehow."

"Oh. Hi Hikaru!"

H-how did she know my name...? Maybe I really do know her.....perhaps maybe it's Argo...? No, Argo looks slightly different....who is this?

Oh wait! I know! It's Koneko!

"Hi Koneko! I knew I recognized you!"

We hugged and she hugged everyone else.

"I didn't know all of you went to this school!"

"We just got back to it actually! SAO school ended a few days ago so here we are!"

Yujin informed Koneko on everything.

"Well it's great to see you all here! Anyone else going on ALO today?"

We all nodded. Looks like all of us will be on ALO!

"Great! We'll see you there, Neko?"

She smiled and nodded to me.

"Yep! See you all soon!"

She started walking away and I saw her wink at Yujin....I smiled and turned around.

"Okay, you guys ready to get going?"

We all left the school and went to our apartments/houses.

I went into mine, and pulled out a piece of paper from my pocket....it was paperwork to sign me up for a Foster home.....I sighed reading it....I sat down on my bed and thought long and hard about it....

"Hiku, I think it would be great for you to go into a Foster home! It'll give you a chance to be part of a family again!"

I blushed thinking of Iku's voice.....maybe everyone is right....maybe I should join a Foster home.....