Chapter 72: Hikaru's POV

I parked my bike about two houses away, just so people don't see me at a crime scene.

"..."

I got off my bike and wondered if maybe those GM's apartment would be haunted or something....I started walking towards the apartment, when something stopped me....it felt like someone was watching me...again.....I turned around quickly.

"Whoever you are, you'd better come out. I'm not fooling around."

I heard nothing and the feeling went away....this place is really weird....I turned around and....

"W-what?!"

I blade was pointed straight at my throat, with only a centimeter of space in between.

"I knew you would come here....came to save your pathetic friends?"

"Rafe...."

I made a fist with my hand, wanting to punch him so badly....

"You can't save them! Soon they'll all be under my spell, and you'll be dead!"

"..."

He quickly cut my cheek, making me flinch and move back.

"Hah! Looks like you're not as strong without all those skills and HP, now are ya?!"

I heard a sound behind me and turned around, thinking he got someone to back him up....I felt a very sharp pain in my side....

"W-what the..."

I turned and looked down at my side, which the blade had pierced into....I grasped the handle of the blade, dropping down on the ground, shaking in pain.

"Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa!!!!!! So THIS is the 'Legend' that everyone is all so hyped about?! Hah! I've fought flies better than you!"

I could feel my blood pouring out very quickly, I looked up at him, as he held a larger blade...

"So I should end this quickly! Heheh...how could you let me down like this!!!

He mocked Iku....I started gently pulling out the blade, trying desperately to save myself....

"Hm....you look much more menacing in game! You're weak...so weak!!!"

He started playing with his blade....

"You know what I just....HATE about you, Hikaru? How you think that you're this great, amazing person! You think you're better than everyone! But in reality you're just a weak!"

He stomped hard on my knee, making me scream and flinch in pain.

"Stupid!"

He did it again, but with more force....

"AAAH!!!!!!"

"Useless!"

I fully took out the blade, and put it right to his throat before he could even move. The shock in his eyes....and I'm weak?

"You know what? You sure talk a lot...."

I put the very tip of the blade to his eye, holding him in place but still in a lot of pain....he whined and started to cry.

"P-please don't kill me!!!! Please, I have a family! I-i didn't mean everything I said! I'll stop messing with you and your friends, I will!!!!"

"Hmm...."

I stared at him for a little bit, then let go, putting the blade down. He immediately grinned and grabbed me, pushing me down hard on the ground. I was in shock, but tried fighting him off.

"Hahaa!!! You actually bought that?! Idiot!"

He started to choke me on the ground and I punched him off and while I was attempting to get up, he tackled me back down. I flipped us over to get on top of him and started to punch him repeatedly. I felt a very strong adrenaline rush....to the point where I couldn't feel the stab wound in my side anymore. He pushed me off and I hit my head very hard against a car door....I felt dizzy and I couldn't see very well....I felt him grab me, and he pushed me against the car. I saw him raise his fist, and he violently punched my jaw, making the back of my head hit the car. He punched me again and again, and finally he raised his first one more time, pushed it down to my face.....

I grabbed his fist with my hand, gripping it so tightly it could crush a metal can. He looked shocked and looked at his hand. I punched him the hardest I could and knocked him off. I grabbed him by the collar and pushed him so hard onto the car, it knocked him out cold. I can't tell if he's breathing....I can't see....blood was profusely streaming down the side of my face, getting in my eye completely and covering the side of my face. I rest against the car, trying to catch my breath....I heard music playing...I looked to my left and saw my phone on the floor, facing up. I was being called on the phone by Yujin....I grabbed it weakly and answered the phone.

"Y-yeah...?"

"Hikaru! Look man, whatever you're doing you better hurry it up! Something isn't right! Iku and Haruna can't log out!!! And for some reason they're losing HP really really fast....somethin ain't right here, man!"

"I-im working on it...."

I coughed and closed my right eye, as blood covered it. I hung up the phone and looked to the apartment, which wasn't too far away....

"I-i have to make it....I just have to....!!!"

I tried to stand up, and fell immediately, feeling a very sharp pain in my side.

"I can't walk...."

I started to crawl very weakly to the apartment, trying desperately to get there....I need to save Ikiru and Haruna....I have to....!!!!! I finally got to the door, and used the walls to stand up. I busted down the door, falling into the apartment.

"Argh!!!"

I fell on my nose, making it start to bleed....I started crawling to the living room, where the GM controls were. I saw the console...

"I....I can...m-make it......"

My eye started to close, barely able to keep it open and finally....my eye closed, and I couldn't feel a thing....