Chapter 57: Hikaru's POV

"Iku....come on, we need to go find out about that girl. She could have a family that's probably worried sick about her right about now...."

She didn't let go, and stayed holding me....I looked down at her, and she seemed like she was sleeping....I looked at the clock and saw that it read 12:38 PM. Was I asleep all night...? I hope she didn't stay up all night just to take care of me....I carefully moved away, letting her lay comfortably on the bed....she still seemed fast asleep. I went into my room, and lied down. I put on my NerveGear and got ready to spawn into ALO.....

"Link--"

"Hikaru?"

I was interrupted by a woman's voice. I looked up and saw Mrs. Hana, Iku's mom at the doorway to my room. She walked up to me, so I sat up and took off my NerveGear.

"Yes, Mrs. Hana?"

"So....I heard what you said to me last night, just before you left....you called me 'mom'..."

I blushed and looked at her confused.

"I-I did...? I don't remember...."

"You said it as if it were a normal thing for you to say...."

"I-im sorry....guess I gotta work on not saying things like that...."

She gently placed her hand on mine, and smiled to me.

"Hikaru, when you said that to me, it reminded me of when Iku was little, and she was going to take a bus to school. She would always say that to me, and it would brighten up my day. Now that she's older, and she'll be moving out in just a few short years, it makes me miserable....so hearing you say it made me so happy, and I thought of Iku....so, thank you, Hikaru. I can't thank you enough....."

Tears started to form in my eyes, as I smiled....

"I don't have children, so I don't know what that's like, but I'm sure it's hard....thank you, Mrs. Hana, for taking me in, and taking care of me."

She smiled, wiped away her tears, and nodded.

"I'll be downstairs, so when you get out of your game, come see me, okay?"

I smiled and nodded, as she walked out of my room and downstairs. I lied back down, feeling much more spirited, and put on my NerveGear.

"Link start!!!"