Chapter 59: Hikaru's POV

"So, Shojin is her name?"

Haruna spoke to me, as we stood beside each other, watching Shojin play around at the fountain.

"Yeah. We decided to just call her that because we never knew her name, and she told us that she remembers her name, and that's it."

"Wow, it is a unique name."

"Oh, by the way, sorry Haruna for making you log on so randomly....I know you've been busy lately."

"Oh no, it is okay! I am always here to help out."

She wrapped her arms around my arm, and stood close to me.

"You are a brother to me, and I am here for you Hikaru. Your face is very unattractive."

I looked down at Haruna confused, and she quickly covered her mouth.

"I-i am sorry, Hikaru! It looks like I'm not fully immune to this truth-talking thing....but Hikaru, that is not the truth. Your face is very attractive to me, and everyone else."

"So....wait a sec.......I got it!!!! They never programmed it to make us tell the truth, they only programmed it to tell lies or insult people!"

Haruna looked up at me, blushing lightly, per usual.

"This is a very good theory, Hikaru. How can we test it?"

"Hmm....how about we get someone here to tell an insult we know is a lie!"

"This sounds like a good plan. Let us go do it."

"Oh, um...Haruna, could you please watch Shojin for me? She's near water, and alone....and we have no clue what kind of things other players would do here."

"Yes Hikaru, I will watch her. Tell me the results to your theory, please."

I walked off to where my friends are, and looked to Koneko.

"Well! If it isn't stupid face! What are you doing?"

"Insult Yujin."

"What? Why would I do that, when I could insult your stupid ugly face all day!"

"Just insult his height."

"Fine, but then I'm slapping you!"

She turned to Yujin, and placed her hands on her hips.

"You're short!!!"

My eyes widened....my theory is right! He's the tallest person out of all of us, so her saying he's short is a lie! That's it!!! I ran over to Haruna.

"Haruna!"

She jumped, and almost went for her weapon....

"Oh, Hikaru you scared me!"

"Oh, sorry Haruna."

She hugged me, almost pushing me to the ground. Her grip on me was tight, and warm. I could feel her heart beating extremely fast....I really scared her......I gently patted her back, and hugged her.

"H-hey...sorry, I didn't mean to scare you like that!"

She let go, and stood in front of me with a smile.

"What did you need?"

"My theory. It's correct! I made Neko insult Yujin's height, and she called him short! He's the tallest one out of all of us, so calling him short would be a lie!"

"This is correct...why do you think the GM's did that?"

"I would say to get the strongest teams to break up, honestly.....I mean, if they all think they're telling the truth to each other, they'll get mad and eventually, break up as teams. It is smart....but we're smarter."

Haruna blushed, and nodded.

"Shall we log off for today?"

"Yeah. I wonder if Iku is still sleeping....you're able to remember things that happen in ALO, right?"

"Yes. You and I are the only ones that remember things that go on in here, that we know of. Miss Shojin however, we do not know yet."

"Yeah....I'll see you back at Iku's house, then?"

"Yes, see you soon, Hikaru."

We waved goodbye, and logged out. I opened my eyes, and took off my NerveGear. I looked to the doorway and saw a man standing at my doorway.....I thought it was Mr. Hana, but his body shape was totally different....he ran downstairs and out the door immediately....I got up, and ran to chase him, but he was gone....I closed and locked the front door, and saw Mrs. Hana, knocked out, on the kitchen floor....I ran to her, and comforted her....

"Mrs. Hana!!! Hey, wake up!"

"H-hikaru....?"

She slowly opened her eyes, and began to sit up....she held her hand against the bruise on her forehead, and groaned lightly....

"What happened, Mrs. Hana??"

"I-i don't know....I was washing dishes, and then I just passed out....is everything okay...?"

"Yeah....only, there was a strange man in here...."