Chapter 35: Hikaru's POV

"Ohhhh Hikaruuuuuu"

Hmm? I turned around and saw no one.....I looked around expecting Iku ready to jump on me or something.....there was nothing. Why did I just hear a girls' voice...? A big wave came in and knocked me down in the sand....

"Woah!!!"

I got up, now completely soaked.....I walked out of the water and onto the sand.....I heard Iku laughing like crazy. I looked over and saw most of my friends laughing at me. I blushed and walked over to them, trying to dry myself off.....

"Not funny guys!"

"Hikaru you appeared to no longer be paying attention. Was something on the inside of your mind, distracting you?"

Haruna was giggling....which isn't something we normally see....

"Yeah, I was thinking! Jeez can the water chill out?"

"Hey, you should have been paying attention! And what were you thinking about Hikuuu?"

I sighed and looked away.

"I'd rather not say in front of all of you....I'll tell you later in private, okay Iku? Oh, and where's Koneko?"

We all looked around for Koneko....

"Koneko!"

"Neko!"

"Koneko!"

"Yo, Koneko! Where are you?"

We all checked pretty much the whole beach looking for Koneko......I turned a corner looking for her, and saw some guy pushing her up against a wall.....

"Hey come on, let me take you out sometime! You know you'd love to!"

"N-no...! Leave me alone!!"

Just before I could yell and try to stop him, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked over and saw Yujin walk past me. He grabbed the guy and shoved him against the wall....Y-yujin, you okay bud...?

"What do you think YOU'RE doing, huh? You need to leave her alone and get outta here, huh? This place ain't in a town so your HP can drop. This game is still fairly new, so far if you die you lose your second most valuable, and most powerful item that isn't equipped. You want to lose that? Then I suggest you beat it. Now."

My eyes widened in shock. Yujin let the guy go and he went running away from Yujin.....I watched him run away and then turned back to Yujin. He was already checking to see if Koneko was okay....

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you at all?"

"N-no....he was just pushy was all....th-thank you Yujin......"

Now I know not to get on Yujin's bad side....

"Guys there they are!"

I turned around and saw Iku, Orochi and Haruna running up to us.

"Hey! Did you find Koneko~...."

Iku saw Yujin comforting Koneko.

"W-what happened? Was she attacked?"

"Yeah, somewhat....some guy was trying to go out with her, and started getting aggressive....."

Iku ran over and started to comfort Neko.

"N-no guys really....i-im fine these kind of things happen all the time.....thank you though...."

She sighed and straightened herself up....

"Yeah, I'm sure things like this must be a regular for such a beautiful girl for you. But don't worry, we're here to protect you."

Koneko blushed and smiled at Yujin. I looked at both of them, not knowing what to do or say, so I just slowly started walking away.......I walked out beside Iku, Orochi and Haruna.....

"So....this might be the last thing you want to hear right now....but what do you say you and me grab a bite to eat? Real life or ALO is perfectly fine."

She smiled bigger, and blushed more. She hugged Yujin tight.

"Of course Yujin! Thank you!"

I felt Iku lightly tap my back as I saw her walk into a private area. I realized she wanted me to follow, and I did. There seemed to be no one here with us, but yet I felt like I was being watched the whole time.....

"So....Hiku what were you thinking of earlier? You said you only wanted to talk about it in private....could you tell me, now? Oh, and also, when you first walked up with Koneko....why were you blushing? Can you tell me why that was, as well?"

She was speaking in a very soft and beautiful voice....very calming. I felt more calm and that feeling that I was being watched....it went away....I looked at her and nodded....

"Well.....when I wasn't paying attention, it was because I heard a voice.....calling to me. It was a girl's....maybe your age? Anyways, she seemed a little childish, like she was mocking me or something, but I didn't see anyone....I haven't heard it before, and I haven't heard it since....if you have any idea on what that's about....I'd love to hear it.....and that thing about me blushing....."

I started to blush a lot and started losing focus.....she walked up to me and gently placed her hand on my cheek, and looked at me....

"Hikaru, it's okay. You can talk to me. I promise I won't be mad....."

Her soft smile calmed me....I was no longer blushing and I felt calm again.....

"Well, you see.....I haven't ever really.....seen you in a swimsuit before....a-and I guess it was just new to me...."

I started blushing again and I could see a big blush forming in her cheeks...

"W-well, now you have....thank you for telling me Hiku."

I blushed and smiled.

"You're welcome Iku....ready to head back now?"

"Oh, just one more thing...."