Chapter 36: Hikaru's POV

I sat off to the side watching the water. All the girls were playing around near the water, while me, Orochi and Yujin just stayed off to the sidelines.....

"Hikuuuu!"

I heard a girl giggle beside me....I turned, expecting to see Iku or Haruna, but no one was there....

"Hey, Hiku you good?"

I turned and looked at Yujin...

"Y-yeah man I'm good."

"So, Hiku, I heard from a little bird that you broke into some house?"

I started to sweat slightly....

"N-no! I didn't do that!"

"Oh really? So you're saying that you disappeared for two days, and suddenly you come back with a bunch of cuts and bruises, just after hearing that someone broke into this guy's house, and that isn't you? Yeah totally. Orochi, that ain't Hiku, huh?"

I looked over at Orochi and he wasn't paying attention....seemed to be looking at Haruna.

"O-okay fine....yeah I did but I had a reason."

"Well yeah I'm sure you did....."

I sighed and looked up at the sky. I noticed something circular appeared up at the sky, in front of the sun....it started getting larger.......I went for my sword, but remembered I don't have it equipped......

"Ah!!!"

It was a beach ball.....and it smacked me square on the nose.....lucky for me, not only was it just a beach ball, but it's also ALO......it didn't hurt as much.

"Oh gosh Hiku! Are you okay?"

"Are you okay Hikaru?"

The girls ran over and I sighed....

"Y-yeah.....so now you're dropping beach balls on my face......?"

"S-sorry Hikaru."

I sighed and smiled...

"It's alright. You girls having fun here?"

"Yes! We were able to burst Ms. Koneko's little safe bubble and learn more about her!"

Koneko blushed and looked away.

"Well that's good. We planning on staying longer, then?"

I asked Iku.

"Oh, no sadly....I have some real-life things I need to do......you boys ready to go back?"

I nodded and we all stood up. We started walking back to our inn, and I gently held Iku's hand. She leaned closer to me, and smiled. I blushed and smiled.

"Hiku? Can I ask you something?"

I looked down at Iku, and nodded.

"Of course. What's up?"

"S-so umm....you're 21, right?"

I nodded and smiled, while walking with her.

"Yep, and you are too?"

"Mhmm...."

"Why do you ask?"

"O-oh no reason.....th-thanks for answering that."

I nodded and noticed that she was blushing more than before....I wonder why she asked that.....? We reached the inn and started walking to our room. I noticed some guys at a table....seemed to be looking at Iku.....I gently pushed her to walk in front of me and we got to our room.

"Oh! Hey Koneko, would you like to join our guild? If you don't feel like answering at the moment that's perfectly okay!"

Koneko smiled, but blushed a little bit.

"Oh...yeah sure, I'd love to!"

Iku sent her a guild invite and she accepted. We all waved each other bye and logged off.

I opened up my eyes and took off my NerveGear. I picked up my phone and sighed. My eyes widened when I received a text from Iku.

Iku:
Hey Hiku!

Hikaru:
Hey, what's up?

Iku:
Just have a quick question I forgot to ask you on ALO!

Hikaru:
Oh, yeah sure! What is it?

Iku:
So, have you ever thought about like.....having a family.....? And you know, like a wife and all that?

I thought about that for a moment, and scratched my head.....hmm....I guess I haven't really thought about that......my whole face turned red at the thought of it.....I texted back.

Hikaru:
Well....I guess I haven't thought of it, but yeah I'd love to have a family....and a wife......

I set my phone down and covered my face, blushing a lot....

"J-jeez what a weird question....."

Iku:
Oh okay! Thank you for answering Hiku! Are you gonna log in ALO tomorrow?

Hikaru:
I will, but it'll probably be really late......you getting on tomorrow, too?

Iku:
Yep! Hopefully I'll still be on to see you! Anyway, I'm off to go do some things I gotta take care of. Thanks for answering my question! Goodnight!

Hikaru:
Goodnight, Iku :)

I turned off my phone and set it down. I sighed and lied back on my bed. I wonder why she was asking me those things....? I was really tossing and turning a lot....barely got any sleep.....oh well, I've got a lot of ground to cover today so I gotta focus.......

If I don't fall asleep.....