Chapter 8: Hikaru's POV

"Guys, isn't that the boss room??"

Iku walked up beside me and looked at the room with the big door.

"Yep that should be it. You guys ready?"

"Ready!"

"Yep, I'm ready."

I nodded to Iku and went to open the door.

"Woah! Hey what are you doing?"

"Umm...I'm opening the door?"

"W-well shouldn't we all open it together? Y-you know just in case the boss attacks as soon as the door opens..."

I smiled and let the others open it with me. I looked around at the big empty room, confused....

"Hopefully this isn't just a repeat of the last boss...."

I took out my sword and the others did the same with their weapons...I then saw the boss walk out towards the middle of the room, where there was more light...the doors behind us slammed shut, and the boss' name and HP appeared....

              "Spider King"

A giant spider walked out more as Iku hid....she's deathly afraid of these things...how are we gonna get her to fight it....

"Yujin! Orochi! Distract it!"

"Got it!"

They went and started attacking the boss and leading it away from us...I ran to Iku who was hiding in a corner...

"Iku come on!"

"N-n-no!"

"I know you're afraid of them...but it won't ever go away unless we defeat it, right? It's like that spider we saw before. Just think, if we don't do this it will stay here and will be more scary every time. Help us beat it please Iku....I promise it will help you deal with your fear..."

"Hiku we need you!"

I grabbed Iku's shoulder gently and looked at her...

"We're here, okay?"

I got up and ran towards the boss with my sword in hand....I grabbed Yujin by the shoulder and jumped in front of him, blocking one of the boss' attacks and slashing it on one of its legs.

"Guys! If we attack all of its legs it'll be stunned! Go for the legs!"

Orochi nodded and got ready to use his skill on one of the legs but just before he did, the boss kicked him practically across the room right near Iku....

"Orochi!"

I looked over for a second and the boss almost hit me...luckily I have more reaction time to Dodge the attack easier. Orochi jumped up and stabbed the spider right at its head and took away its first HP bar. He jumped off and landed beside me. I got my skill ready to use and then I saw that the boss' color turned red...and it seemed to get a little bigger...

"O-orochi what did you do..."

I saw Yujin sneaking up on the boss from behind as the boss looked over at us. I jumped straight out to the boss and used my skill and slashed the two front legs of the spider and stabbed the boss. After I finished that, I looked back at Iku and saw her still motionless in the corner....we really need her here....Yujin slashed down the rest of the legs on the boss and stunned it. Me and Orochi went in and used as many skills as possible on all areas of the boss.

"I can't find the weak spot!"

"Don't worry about that, just attack it!"

We kept attacking until I remembered something important.

"Guys move back now!"

They both jumped back just in time before the boss used a wake-up attack on me...I got knocked back pretty far and lost almost all of my HP...gotta be more careful with that...I noticed the boss was on its last HP bar but Yujin, me and Orochi were all really low on HP....the boss crawled to me and was just about to attack when suddenly its HP went all the way down and it died...I looked around confused and saw Iku standing there and had just used a skill...she came through for us...I got up and hugged her.

"Thank you Iku...."

She smiled.

"You were right, it felt really good and I'm not that scared anymore!"

I smiled and turned to Orochi and Yujin. We all put our weapons away.

"Man, we're just too good for these bosses! None are worthy for us!"

We all laughed.

"Hey Iku, what did you get from the boss? You gave the last attack, right? You should have gotten a reward."

She entered her inventory and saw nothing new...

"Umm I don't see anything in my invent--oh wait I got something new in my skills!"

She entered her skills and jumped around in excitement.

"What is it?"

I looked at her confused...

"Beating that boss maxed out my taming skill! I can tame that cat now Hiku!"

I smiled and we all walked out of the boss room. Well the next floor is open now....we're almost halfway up to floor 100 now.....we entered the town in the new floor and I noticed every player in the town turned to me and went for their weapons...

"That's him! Get him!"

All the players ran at me to attack me...

                "W-what?!"