Chapter 37: Hikaru's POV

"Hey Hikaru!"

Hmm? I turned and saw Haruna waving to me. I smiled and walked towards her. She had her menu open and was reading up on some things.

"Hey Haruna! What's up?"

"Hikaru, have you heard of the new event?!"

I raised my eyebrow confused......

"N-no, what is it?"

I walked up beside her to look at her menu, assuming she was reading about it.

"Well it says here it's some kind of, 'wedding' event....supposedly it gives you the chance to have a real marriage in ALO at the old Chapel! It says once per player though.....it says that couples would need to register a week or so early first!"

Hmm....this sounds pretty interesting. But what's the point of it? Some special item needed for a new floor?? There has to be some kind of other importance.....I looked at Haruna and noticed she was blushing a little bit.

"So is there some kind of reward for it?? I mean, yeah a wedding is pretty cool and all I guess, but is there any importance to it other than that??"

"W-well the info says that they'll be updating more info on it in a couple of hours....but it's almost midnight! Barely anyone has that kind of time. Will you still be on?"

I scratched my head, wondering....

"Well....I think I have a test I really need to do tomorrow.....so I really need to study pretty much all night....sorry Haruna. But I know for sure that Iku and Neko are gonna be on. Are you?"

"Yep! I'm gonna try to grind for some EXP.....I'm kinda low. Well, I guess I'll see everyone else later on! What time are you logging off?"

I looked at the clock and my eyes widened.....

"W-what?! It's already after midnight?! What the heck! I gotta go, Haruna sorry! I'll text you later tonight if you're not asleep!"

With that I quickly logged off.....

-

-Iku's POV--
I logged on and saw Haruna standing alone, slightly blushing. I walked over to her and smiled.

"Hi Haruna! Have you seen Hiku?"

"Ohh, I'm sorry he just logged off. He had a test to work on and he said he won't be able to be on until tomorrow. I'm sure he'll text you later on though."

We hugged each other and I saw Koneko log on.

"Hey Neko!"

She blushed and ran over to us.

"N-neko? Really...?"

I giggled and stood beside Haruna.

"Oh, have either of you heard of the new event? I was just telling Mr. Hikaru about it."

Haruna asked me and Koneko. Koneko seemed to know what she was talking about, but I asked anyways.

"The wedding one?"

"Yes, that is the one."

I smiled and blushed lightly....

"Weren't the GM's supposed to announce more news on it later tonight?"

"Yes they were, but I don't think I'll be able to stay up that late."

Just as we were talking, new info popped up in the menu about the event!

"Ohh! What's this!"

All three of us went into our menus and read up on it. Our eyes widened and we gasped lightly....

"W-what?!"

"Why would anyone do that?"

"W-well that's just rude!"

It says that people have the ability to crash the wedding and duel the bride...! The winner then becomes the bride and is able to be married...! B-but why would anyone do that?!

O-oh.....that's why....

"It says that the one that the married couple, gets to attend a quest, only available to the couples that completed the marriage quest...."

"S-so.....wait a moment"

I started to blush a lot.....

"Ikiru, did you and Hikaru by any chance register--"

I interrupted Haruna immediately...

"N-no!!! W-why would we ever do that?! Hiku has many other things to focus on!"

I could tell they weren't buying it.....

"S-so....you and him must be the only ones that are doing it then, huh? Considering you registered before this event was even announced...."

I tried to make my blush go away but couldn't.....

"Y-yeah I guess so...."

"Well way to be greedy!"

Koneko said, jokingly and giggled....I smiled lightly.......

"S-sorry....."

"Don't worry about it! Sooooo....that reward, huh?"

"K-koneko! Y-you wouldn't!"

She seemed to be thinking about crashing the wedding...! J-just for a reward?! I looked to Haruna for support but she looked as though she was contemplating doing it too.....

"H-haruna...."

"It's okay Ms. Ikiru, I will not be participating. Even knowing that reward would be quite nice to obtain."

I blushed and giggled....

"K-koneko, you aren't serious, are you?"

"Nothing personal Iku! I mean we're friends and I've told you a lot of myself I wouldn't even write in a diary, but.....I need that reward....."

I blushed and laughed nervously....

"O-okay....well, when we duel I'll make sure to give it my all! I've gotta go. I'll see you both tomorrow?"

I told them. I'm sure Haruna isn't lying.....but I need to go grind for EXP if I'm gonna fight Koneko....we haven't ever seen her in battle.....every time I take a small glance at her stats, she always backs out immediately....she almost hit me last time.....I waved to them and teleported....well, time to get grinding! The event starts in 3 weeks so I've got time! Hikaru....I promise I'll do my best!