Chapter 56: Hikaru's POV

I ran as fast as I could, trying to at least find some kind of road or something....

"Mister, where am I?"

"That's what I'm....trying to......find out...!"

I ran, out of breathe but I'm not giving up on this girl....I don't care if my lungs give out, and I die....I'll get her to safety...! I ran the corner of a tree, and found an open road....finally! I ran out to a sign that looks like it'll tell me where I am. It says I'm only half a mile away from where Iku lives!!!!! I kept running in that direction to find Iku's house.

"Where are we now, Mister?"

"Don't worry, we'll be there soon!!!!"

"To your significant other's home?"

I blushed and kept running, breathing heavily. I eventually found her house, and ran straight to the front door.....everything got blurry, and I couldn't hear much anymore....I was starting to pass out, but slammed my head on her door, to knock because my hands were full....my eyes started to close as I saw Iku open the door.

"Hey Hiku. Oh my, you look terrible! Who is this??"

I set the girl down, and my eyes closed completely....I fell to the ground, and fainted....

"H-hiku?! Hikaru!!!"

"So, you really gonna do what that kid said??"

"Nah man, I'm having way too much fun with this. I mean, it's so fun making them say lies, and then telling people they're telling the truth man. It's the best way to break up the best of the best players!"

"Yeah, that's true, it is pretty fun. You saw how violent he was though....he could tear our heads off! And he is the first player we've ever seen so far to remember all of this happening in ALO...."

"You know what? I have an idea! Let's make it to where you have to beat a certain boss, in order to remove it!"

"Hmm....now that sounds interesting! And no one will be able to beat it, because the best teams in the game have been broken up!"

"EXACTLY!!!! Oh this is perfect!"

"Hikaru!!! Hiku, wake up, please!!! Wake up, wake up, wake up!!!!"

"Is he breathing?!"

"Yes, hut his heart rate is really slow!"

"Hiku, wake up or else I'm gonna slap that pretty face of yours!!!!"

"Please, Hiku wake up!"

"Wake up Hikaru!!!!!!"

I could finally hear their voices, and I slowly opened my eyes.....it was bright, and I could barely see. My head was pounding, and it was hard to breathe....

"I-iku...?"

"Hikaru!!!!!! Look at me, say something! Are you okay?! What happened?!"

I groaned and held my head....

"Ow...."

I looked to my side and saw all of my friends staring at me, with wide eyes, and some with tears....

"I-iku....where's the little girl...?"

"My mom is treating her right now.....what happened?!"

I fully opened my eyes, and sighed.....

"I went to go...."

I couldn't tell them that I went to confront the GM's, because they wouldn't know what I was talking about....they reprogrammed the amusphere to wipe all memory of what's going on in ALO, so they wouldn't know about the whole telling the truth thing....we can only talk about it in ALO.

"I was just going for a jog, and some wolves were attacking that girl.....knowing the stubborn guy that I am, I went to save her....I got lost for a long time, and couldn't find my way back...."

"Speaking of that, Hikaru, why didn't you call or text us?!"

Iku's mom stood by the doorway, with her hands on her sides and looked slightly mad, but concerned.

"I guess I didn't think of that...."

I am such an idiot.....I have a phone why didn't I think of that!!! Ow!!!!!! I held my head, as it pounded more....stupid headache....

"Well, the girl doesn't seem to have any memory about anything....not even her name. She doesn't even appear to remember how to walk....any ideas?"

"I-i have one...."

I raised my hand, to tell them my idea.

"What if we get her on ALO, and then she could talk with us?"

"Oh, yeah that's right! No matter what kind of things your body is going through, it'll have no affect on you in the virtual world, and you can walk and talk around good as new! One time I had a friend who messed up his leg really badly, and it was broken completely, but he went into ALO and he was just fine!"

Yujin agreed with me, and suddenly Iku grabbed me, and held me tight....she didn't seem to want to let go, and stayed silent....her mom didn't seem to notice, as she was listening to Yujin....

"Let's get her on ALO, then! Anyone got any VR headsets to use? Amusphere or NerveGear?"

"I do."

Haruna raised her hand, and spoke in a soft voice.

"I keep my NerveGear with me, in my backpack. She may use it if needed."

"Thank you, Haruna! We'll teach her how to log in and set everything up, Iku you wanna stay with Hiku?"

Iku stayed silent, and her grip got slightly tighter....

"I think that means yes....alright, well....meet us on ALO, guys, okay?"

They walked out of the room, and went to go log on. Iku stayed silent....