Chapter 25: Hikaru's POV

I sat down at my table and pulled up the newspaper. I started reading up some things. But for some reason...things seem a little different. I turned to the kitchen and spoke.

"Honey! Your article is great! You did an amazing job!"

I saw Iku walk out from the kitchen. She seemed about 10 years older....she was wearing normal clothes and an apron. Two children walked out beside her.....I'm confused....

"Awww, thank you, dear! Breakfast is almost ready!"

I smiled and looked back down at the newspaper....

I opened my eyes and suddenly I was back in my normal boring apartment....

"Great. Another weird dream...."

I sighed and sat up from my bed.....I rubbed my eyes as I couldn't see very well....ugh, so bright. I looked in front of me and saw Haruna right up in my face, staring in my eyes....I jumped back, scared and confused.

"What were you dreaming about, Hikaru?"

"H-haruna?? What are you doing here?! How'd you even get in?"

I started to think that maybe I somehow had a dream within a dream.....

"Oh, I just wanted to talk with you this morning Hikaru. I want to get to know you better in this world. I really only knew you in SAO....now I find out you are a treasure hunter? I must know more of you!"

I sighed and stood up from my bed....

"Okay fine....c'mon let's go to the kitchen...."

I walked to the kitchen while Haruna followed me, and I sat down. She sat down across from me.

"One second Haruna, Kay?"

She had a big smile and nodded. I pulled up the newspaper and started reading some things.....my eyes widen as I see a specific article.....

"Hikaru Sekai, Former Legend of SAO, survives near death from the NerveGear virtual reality headset! Is there anything this Legend can't come back from?

Former SAO survivor, Hikaru Sekai survives the electronic waves from the headset that killed thousands of players worldwide!

'Well, he was dying. It was happening directly in front of me. But suddenly, he woke up. And everything was fine.'

Says the doctor that took care of him. So why him? Why was he the on that survived? And how? Stay posted for more articles on this matter!"

I sighed....and put the newspaper down....

"Great now I'm in the newspaper.....ugh, seriously they don't need to make it a big deal....I survived, so what..."

"Well, you know those writers, they'll write about anything Hikaru. So Sekai is your last name?"

She said as she read the article....I sighed and nodded.

"Yeah....my mom died when I was born and my dad died a few years ago from a car accident...."

She put the newspaper down and stood up immediately....I looked at her confused....

"What's up Har--"

I was interrupted when Haruna hugged me tightly...I could barely breathe...! Jeez, I feel like a baby...

"Hikaru I'm sorry you had to go through that..I personally don't know what it feels like to go through life without a family but I'm sorry you had to....."