Chapter 21: Haruna's POV {floor 74}

We lost Hikaru yesterday.....but he'll forever be in our hearts.....we don't see Ikiru very often anymore....she runs a guild of very high-skilled players and she's trying to clear this floor......she's trying, and with everything she's got.......I miss Hikaru.....I miss when he and Ikiru would sometimes argue....or when he would comfort me when I was feeling sad......we miss our special friend.......I know that someday, somewhere, somehow...we'll see him again...and no natter what...we'll get to say goodbye this time.....we love you Hikaru.....

"H-haruna!"

I looked away from the river and looked to the person calling my name.....I was hoping it was Hikaru....and this was all a dream.....I saw Orochi walking to me...I stood up and faced him.

"Yes, Orochi?"

"S-so umm....I know this might be a bad time...o-or it's a good time....I'm really not sure....b-but umm...w-would you maybe like to go out for some ice cream with me...?"

I blushed and smiled...

"Of course, Orochi. Right now?"

"I-i mean if you're busy we can reschedule..."

"Nope. I'm free at the moment. Just...thinking......"

I walked to Orochi and we started walking....

--------------Yujin's POV-------------
I sat alone in the hallways of the inn on floor 74......I stared blankly into my dagger.....I decided to check its sharpness, by lightly running it across my finger.....I lost no HP but a cut appeared almost immediately....guess it's pretty sharp......I out the tip of it down onto the ground, almost stabbing it.....I stared at the ground......wondering what I could have done to help.......could any of us have stopped that.....? I saw a spider crawl across the floor.....why did Kayaba do all of this....? What did he hope to gain......he said he couldn't tell us.....

"I'm sorry sir, but we're going to have to ask you to leave....it's closing hours and you aren't in a room...we can give you a room at half-price since it's closing hours if you'd like!"

I got up, put my Hood on and walked away, leaving my dagger on the ground....it despawned completely.....I walked outside and noticed it's now raining......I walked around lifeless.....

--------------Ikiru's POV--------------
"Ugh.....why is rain so cold...?"

I whispered to myself.....I walked over to the teleport gate. Even though it's raining...we are going to train today. Nothing is stopping us from getting to the last floor.....

"Hey."

I heard a voice in my ear and immediately jumped forward, spinning around and taking out my weapon....

"Hmm. Nice reaction time. You take it from Hikaru?"

"Who are you? Don't talk about him....."

"I've heard that you're a friend of his. Could you be a dear and take me to him? We're good friends. Met a while ago.....I'll pay you good Col."

He stood there normally...with a Hood on....I could see the laughing coffin tattoo on his forearm....

"You're no friend of Hiku's. I know he's kept things from me in the past. But never would he befriend a laughing coffin member. And I'm assuming you haven't heard the news....Hiku......"

I couldn't bring myself to say it...as I was already on the brink of tears....

"Dead? Hmm. Didn't expect that. He was a strong little guy. Devoted. Smart."

"Stop it...."

"Well, I'm sure he never told you, but him and I dueled here a while ago. He won....but I almost did!"

"Yeah he told me. So you're that guy? What do you want?"

"Well, I wanted payback for him beating me before. But now that he's dead, I guess you'll do just fine. Wanna duel?"

I looked around and saw players surrounding us....

"Okay. It's your funeral."

He sent me the duel request and I accepted....I got ready to fight, and watched his every move....just as the timer hit zero, the duel paused....I noticed all players looking up at something......I looked up and saw crystals floating away from the boss room......I thought nothing of it at first....just another player gone....I turned back to the laughing coffin member.

As of  2:55 PM November 7th,
           Sword Art Online
          Has been cleared!!

I looked back up confused....we haven't reached the 100th floor yet....w-what happened....?

The system will force-log-out    all players in 5 minutes. Congratulations to all!

I looked back at the laughing coffin member. He smirked and started to run away....I chased him as far as I could.....we practically went across the whole town, before the world started to crumble and break apart....the player vanished......and the skies above us began to wipe from existence....I looked down to see that the floor below me was coming apart.....and suddenly the world became nothing....like it never existed.......

It's dark.....I can't see anything......I opened my eyes but was blinded by a light.....I looked around and saw that I was in a hospital.....there was a person sitting with me on the bed......the light from the room restricted my ability to see the person's face.....but I felt like I had known them my whole life......I could barely move....and my vision was so blurry.....I noticed I had the headset on. The one that started all of this.....am I really free....? I looked to my side and saw maybe a few dozen flowers on the table....the person that was here, was taking care of them....they were still alive, and in perfect condition.....my vision started to come back.....I turned to the person to see who it was....but they were leaving the room.....I tried calling out....but I couldn't move my lips.....I looked up at the ceiling....is this.....is this all a dream...? Am I really here......?