Chapter 40: Hikaru's POV

"Hiku, aren't you too old for that?"

I looked at Iku and realized...I am too old for a Foster home....poor Ms. Karuso.....looks like she didn't know the age limit.

"Then what should I do? I don't have a family...."

Iku looked at me and blushed....

"W-well.....you could come live with me and my family if you'd like. I know they would love to have you! They said they would be interested in meeting some of the people that helped me during SAO...."

My eyes widened....would she really let me stay with her...?

"R-really...?"

"Of course! You haven't met my family yet so this will be perfect! You can start packing up your stuff already if you'd like! We have a guest room in our house that's right next to my room so that could be yours!"

I blushed and looked around....am I even ready to move...? I've lived in that apartment for most of my life since my mother passed away.....I don't think I'll pack up just yet....I don't know if her parents would be willing to take me in just yet....but I guess we'll see....

"Th-thank you so much Iku. Could I come over and meet your family??"

She smiled and nodded.

"Of course! Come on, let's go!"

She took my hand and started running out of school....I ran beside her, as we held hands.

We reached Iku's house and she knocked on the front door....we waited a little while and the door opened. I blushed and rubbed the back of my neck. Let's just hope I don't mess up the first impression.....

"Hi mom! This is my....this is Hiku!"

I extended my hand out right away to her mom.

"H-hello Mrs. Hana! It truly is a pleasure to meet you!"

She smiled and shook my hand. Iku leaned into her mom and whispered something to her ear....her mom smiled bigger and invited us in.

"Please, make yourself at home! I was just starting to make dinner! Would you join us?"

I blushed and looked down, as Iku and I walked into the house....

"U-um...sure!"

I smiled as Iku pulled me towards the stairs....

"Hey! Where are you going?"

"To the guest room! Just yell for me when dad gets home!"

Iku pulled me up to the room....we entered and she sat down on the bed.

"This is where you will sleep!"

I looked around....it's very nice in here. Very fancy I have to say....definitely a lot better than my apartment.

"Thank you Iku."

I sat down next to her and looked around.

"Are you sure you don't mind me staying here....?"

"Of course not, Hiku!"

I blushed and smiled at her...

"Thank you..."

We heard the front door open up.....

"Oh, that's my dad!"

She blushed and stood up right away.

"Come on!"

I followed her downstairs....