Chapter 32

Tyler's POV

I paced the reception area of the hospital waiting for Dr Adrian to arrive. Hoping that he'll be here sooner rather than later.

"Ty" Marco said walking in with the others following behind as I turned around to walk around again.

"Hey" Ali said walking over and giving me a hug.

"I'm fine, you don't need to hug me" I said trying to keep myself together.

"Tyler no you're not. Don't lie to me" she said hugging me tighter. A tear slipped down my cheek as clenched my jaw trying to hold in my emotions.

"I gotta be alone for a bit" I said pulling away from this hug and walking out.

I took a deep breath of fresh air and pulled out a cigarette. I lit it up and leaned against the wall.

"They'll kill you, you know?" I heard a voice come from my left.

"Oh well" I said blowing out the smoke I had just inhaled moments ago.

"Can I have one?" The person asked. This time I looked over to see a kid my age with some thing attached to his arm. He had pale, almost ghost like skin. Around his body was a thin blue hospital gown. You could see he was wearing clothes beneath it. His eyes showed he had not slept in days and he looked like he was being starved.

"You sure? You don't look well." I said as he shook his head.

"If I die it'll be my own fault. Cancer is beating me anyway so what's the point" he said as he took one from the box I had out.

He lit up the cigarette with my lighter and inhaled the smoke, his already sunken in cheeks had sunken in more as he pulled the smoke in.

"Why let it kill you more?" I asked turning more to face him.

"I've already lost everything I had to fight for in life. My mum passed away 5 years ago fighting the same battle I'm fighting now. My dad left when I was a child and the love of my life left me when I was diagnosed. As for any siblings, I'm an only child so yeah" he said walking to sit on the bench only two feet away wheeling his thing filled with a clear liquid along with him.

I followed and sat next to him.

"You're stronger than you think" I said grabbing the cigarette from his hand and chucking it away.

"I wasn't done yet"He said slouching back.

"Just because the world has thrown more obstacles than you can handle, it doesn't mean you give up." I said looking up.

"You fight harder. You prove the world wrong and do everything in your power to make sure you don't loose any battle in life" I said leaning forward.

"I haven't lost anyone to cancer. But if one thing the death of anyone I know has taught me. It's to get up and fight harder than you've ever fought before." I said getting up and walking back inside.

Dr Adrian's POV

"What have we got so far?" I asked running into the room they had amy in.

"Who are you?" A doctor asked me as I snatched the clip board with information off him.

"The personal doctor. Now if you excuse me I have a patient to see to." I said walking over and asking all the staff how she was doing.

"Not well, I don't think she'll make it doc" a nurse said looking at me with eyes filled with sorrow.