Chapter 68

Amy's POV

As I slept I suddenly felt the bed dip beside me. I kept my eyes squeezed closed and listened.

The sound of shoes hitting the floor filled the room along with the smell of alcohol. I peeped my eye open and looked to see the door wide open. I heard a cough. And it was a cough I recognised all to well.

I felt scared. He layed down and pulled the covers over him as I slowly and quietly slipped out of the bed and onto the floor.

He started breathing heavier which means he's asleep. I slowly crawled to the door and got out the room. I sat outside the door against the wall so I couldn't be seen and held my head in my hands. This is too much. I miss him yes but I'm scared of him.

I got up and snuck down the hall to another room. I opened the door and peeped my head inside. Seeing all the lights off I came in and closed the door quietly behind me. Slowly I tip toed over to the bed and climbed in.

"Hey little monster" a croaky voice spoke as arms wrapped around me.

"Hi" I whispered and cuddled into my best friend.

"What's wrong?" He hummed as he pulled me closer.

"He's back" I whispered and I felt him tense.

"You're scared aren't you?" He asked knowing me all to well.

I nodded my head and listened to him whisper that it's okay. Eventually I fell asleep again.

The following morning I woke up and looked to see Aaron day on his phone but his arm still wrapped around me as I layed on his chest.

"Morning munchkin" he grinned looking down at me.

"Morning sugarplum" I laughed as I sat up and rubbed my eyes. 

"Ugh I need to shower. Can I use yours?" I asked looking over at Aaron who was now sat up.

"Yeah. I'll grab your clothes and toothbrush" he said getting up and throwing me a towel from his closet.

"No I'll grab my clothes you come with me" I asked pulling a puppy dog face.

"Fine, come on" He said pulling me up.

We walked out of his room and down the hallway to my room which still had the door open. I stopped by the door which caused Aaron to stop as-well behind me. Leaning half my body forward I peeped into the room and Aaron laughed.

"Shhh, he'll wake up" I said snapping my head in his direction and putting my finger to my lips.

"What the hell are you two doing?" Mikey laughed as he looked at us. I shushed him and looked in again to see he had turned over so his back was to us.

I tip toed in with Aaron behind me and grabbed my underwear and shorts along with a jumper and socks. We quickly left the room and I realised I left my toothbrush. I looked at Aaron who groaned and went into my bathroom to retrieve it. He quickly came back when we heard him groan.

"Who's there?" His raspy voice let out as I hid against the wall.

"Just me Aaron. I just came to see if you were home" he let out and walked closer to the door.

"So you went into my bathroom?" He asked

"I'm i uh I needed to grab some uh soap" he said quickly and walked towards the door.

"Whatever. Close the door" he said back.

I quickly walked to Aaron's room after he handed me my toothbrush and went to shower.

After I was done I changed into my black nike shorts and The black jumper that I didn't realise was Tyler's till now. I brushed my teeth and my hair and put on my white ankle socks.

After I finished in the bathroom I made my way downstairs to the kitchen to be met with the others.

"Oh hey there" Jacob said as he got up and hugged me.

"Hey" I grinned as I sat down by the back door. Knowing my brother died in this room gives me chills. I can't sit where he layed that day.

"Want some?" Aiden asked as he made a few pancakes. I smiled and shook my head no.

"You need to eat so I'm gonna make you some anyway. You've gotten smaller than you were before" he said raising his eyebrows as I rolled my eyes.

"So we heard he's ho-" Ali stopped mid sentence as a pair of footsteps echoed through the hall. All of us were in the kitchen so I knew it was tyler.

"I'm gonna go for a walk" I said as I got up and walked out the back door to walk around the field that's surrounded the back of the house. I may still have feeling for him but I don't think I'm ready to see him again or even talk to him. I remember what he said to me and whenever I thought of him that's all that came to my mind. It's all that still comes to my mind today.

"Hey don't go on the grass without these" Ali called out behind me. I turned around to see her holding up my Adidas original trainers.

"Thanks" I said quietly taking my trainers and putting them on.

"Your gonna have to talk to him eventually" she said as we started walking.

I held out my hand for her to take which she gladly did and we continued to walk.

"I know but what he said that day. I can't get it out of my head. Like the image of jack dead on the kitchen floor" I said quietly as she listened.

"I know girl, I'm so sorry about that. But I was thinking. This place is full of bad memories so let's go find a new place. I'll get the boys together and we can go look" she replied giving my hand a light squeeze for comfort.

"Thanks Ali" i said as I stopped and faced her.

"Seriously, I'm sorry about what happened and I'm so so sor-" I started and she cut me off shaking her head.

"What happened you couldn't control idiot. You were unconscious" she said pulling me into a hug.

"Sisters forever" she said letting me go and holding out her pinkie. I grinned and linked my pinkie with hers and we kissed our thumbs.

"Come on, it's cold out" she said as she pulled me along.

"Okay" I laughed following her.