Chapter 53

Amy's POV

It's been around and hour and half since jess and Fred left. I decided that I wanted to be the first face that Daniel sees when he wakes up. I made a funny face and sat directly in front of his face.

Marco was getting a car sorted and the phones so we had a gps to get to the cabin he said he wanted to go to. He said it's the only place we have left that no one will find us.

"What are you doing?" Jess asked as she walked in grinning and handing her coat to Fred who kissed her cheek and put their coats on the coat rack.

"I want him to see me first when he wakes up" I said casually making sure I didn't look away.

Jess walked forward and sat on the couch beside me. Fred followed but grabbed a bottle of unopened water. He walked towards me and splashed a few spits of water on Daniel who began to stir.

He groans and opened his eyes and saw me.

He screamed like a girl and fell of the sofa backing away as fast as he could.

"Jheez dan, I'm not that ugly for fuck sake" I said laughing.

"Am I dead?" He asked as he got up and walked towards me. He poked my cheek and I swatted his hand away which caused him to wince.

"No touchy goofball. And no you're not dead" I said rolling my eyes as I slumped down on the couch next to jess who put her arm around me.

"Wow, hey" Daniel said smirking at jess who rolled her eyes.

"Aye hands off ocean eyes. She's mine" Fred said sticking his finger up at Daniel who grinned and hugged him.

"Well, now that you're awake..Let's get going. We have a long ride ahead of us. Fred give us a lift to where the car is" Marco said as he grabbed the bag with the money and everything else we had.

I hugged jess and told her I'll see her again.

"When it's safe I'll get Marco to give Fred my number for you okay?" I asked and she nodded.

"Thank you for everything Amy. I'll see you soon" she smiled and walked me out.

We got in the car with Fred and left. I waved at jess as we left the driveway.

After around half and hour we said bye to Fred and got into the car that Marco arranged for us and began our road trip to the cabin.

Tyler's POV

Seeing as we didn't have anywhere to go Mikey kept driving. After an hour I realised where we were heading.

Two hours had passed and we had reached our destination. We got out the car and i headed to a tree near the house and reached into the bottom of the stump where there was a box holding a key. I grabbed the key and put the box back. Once I got to the door I unlocked it and walked in. I looked around and it looked the same as it did when we first built it.

The cabin felt like home. It was furnished with everything we had picked out when Matt was alive. It was his idea to make it in the first place. I walked over the the wall and traced my fingers over our initials carved into the wood.

"Thank you" I said as I touched his initials and smiled.

If it wasn't for Matt we would have had no where to go at all.

We didn't talk. We just lounged around the house. After an hour mikey left to go and hide the car. He covered it in branches and such to keep it hidden.

I kept a gun by my hand the entire time. I felt safe here but Jackson always has a way of finding us somehow. No one may know about this place but I have a feeling someone will find us.

Aarons POV

We've been walking for a day or so now but we're getting closer.
The mourning period has somewhat passed. Our only goal now is to reach that cabin or safe house. Whatever it is. It'll be our home for a while.

After hearing the news about the fire on a radio in a shop the boys nicked food and water from I just feel pain in my heart. It's that or indigestion or maybe heartburn from walking and running. It'll take another few days to get there and we're going to push ourselves to the limit.

We only sleep when everyone has zero energy left to walk. But we're getting closer and closer. Aiden says it'll only be around a day or two till we reach there. At this point we're all just pushing through to get somewhere safe and secure.

Ali hasn't uttered a word. Diego tries to make jokes to make everyone feel better but I can tell he's hurting the worst. His brother is gone and all he's feeling is numb.

He hasn't really talked much for the past few hours. We're only getting one word answers at this point.

Diego's POV

I walked behind everyone else and just thought about what my life is right now. All this gang rivalry caused me to loose my brother. I was kidnapped not long ago. No matter what we do we'll always be in trouble. I don't have Marco who was the only person other than the boys to be a constant in my life. He's always kept me safe or me with him. And now he's gone.

I don't think I want to be part of this anymore. I can't take it. I don't want to be around this stuff.. without my brother I can't do this.

Once we reach there I'm leaving.

I'm out of this gang.

It's short I know but it'll have to do for now. I hope you enjoy.

Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️❤️❤️