Chapter 5 - The Gift

Recap: Taking a half step closer to her and lifting her chin to me, "Then I think you're having dinner with me." Extending my arm to her I waited for what seemed a lifetime.

Allie's POV

"Alessandra Giana Marino you are a reflection of me in every thought you think, every word you utter, every action you execute. Do you hear me? Riding alone in a car with an 18 year old boy doesn't look right. It makes you look like a whore. Is that what you are? Is that what I have raised? Don't you ever think of shaming me or bringing shame to this family again...EVER!" Almost in slow motion, a mighty hand slapped me across the face as I stumbled hitting the hard, cold, plaster wall.

Even though it was chilly on the museum balcony, thinking of that explosive time with my father when I was 17 brought a wave of hot anxiety. Anthony Smaldino drove me home from school one day. He was a kind boy, much like Marcus actually. An old soul, mature beyond his years who I think felt sorry for me because of my strict father. I've always been a good girl, but my father always had a way of making me feel like last week's trash.

"Allie, are you ok? Did I upset you by coming here? Do you want me to go?"

My voice was quiet as I lightly took his arm. "No."

"I'm sorry Allie, I'm confused. No, you won't have dinner with me or no you don't want me to go?"

The group that was by us was getting a bit more rowdy and someone accidentally bumped into me, causing me to stutter step forward into Prince. My hand grabbed onto his shoulder and slipped to his bicep, while he grasped onto my side, the section between my waist and my breast. I have to admit, his hand on me felt so wicked and in a good way. Worried I promptly said, "Oh my gosh I am so so sorry. I know you're not that steady and then I just fall into you."

When I looked up at him, his full lips were so tempting, hazel eyes so tender and I got a whiff of lavender that instantly seemed to calm me. "Oh my god you smell wonderful." As I steadied myself and continued to draw back, he wouldn't let me go and I didn't exactly fight him. In fact, he drew me closer, guiding me to the elevator as he whispered, "Now how about that dinner."

It was packed in the elevator and my body was flush up against his sideways, his one arm wrapped around my waist almost in protection. As people shifted, so did we and I could feel him on my thigh. I could tell he was eying me and his breath was softly falling on my cheek and down my neck. As we exited the elevator, his hand slipped from my waist and gently took my hand, leading me to the hostess.

The restaurant was loud and very busy. Looking around I thought it would be better with just half the people here. When the hostess nodded that she was ready for us, I was surprised to see we were escorted to a private room. Now I wished for the main restaurant's loudness as this was going to be intense being one-on-one with him and with no distractions.

Our room was dimly lit and the table was set up in front of a bank of windows that overlooked Loring Park's beautiful Dandelion Fountain.

Prince held my chair out for me as I sat down. Even with a cane, he was on his game with being a gentleman at every opportunity.

"Have you been here before?" I asked.

"No, I haven't. Have you?" He replied.

Shaking my head no.

We looked at the menus and the waiter came by and asked us if we'd like something to drink. He looked at me, "I'll have a Pinot Grigio please." Prince said, "I'll have the same please." "Very good. Would you like to order or have a few minutes?" The waiter asked. Prince quickly replied, "Could you give us about 15 minutes to get settled and decide." The waiter nodded and left.