Chapter 49 - The Letter

Prince's POV

A rap on my car window and there stood Mia and Morris. Putting the window down, "You wanna see her?"

"Do I want to see her? Are you kidding me? I've camped out here for a month."

Morris handed me a set of keys. "I had them made for you today."

"Look...all she does is shower, barely eat, go on walks and sleep. She's doing a lot of sleeping." Mia said.

"That's to be expected Mia, her mind is mush and her body is healing too."

"Did you know she goes to the Arboretum a lot?" Mia said with her hands on her hips and arms flailing occasionally. "That's where I followed her yesterday. She weeps...weeps on that bench Prince. I tried to sit with her, but the minute she saw me approaching she bolted."

Almost catatonic myself, "Yeah...she's a skater for sure."

"Did you hear me Prince?" Mia questioned.

Morris chimed in, "When do you guys have your couples session?"

"Supposedly next week."

"Supposedly? What does that mean?"

"If she'll agree to see me."

"Agree? Agree? P you just need to be a man..." Morris scolded.

"MORRIS! Damnit!" I exclaimed and felt guilty the minute I yelled. "Sorry...I didn't mean to... Look...Allie is complicated and she doesn't respond well to being told anything. Plus I need to understand why she..."

Morris opened the car door, pulled me out of the car and set me on the roof.

"I can't begin to tell you how uncool this is." I said knowing my face was flushed.

"Romance her, not that you're gonna bed her, but love her, hold her."

Morris tossed the keys at me and walked away. I shouted, "Hey! Morris! You're not gonna help me down?"

"Hell no! I've seen you jump off higher risers."

My weight pressed against the sofa cushion as I prayed she wouldn't wake until I kissed her. I have to kiss her, it's been so long. Honestly, it's been too long since I spent any kind of time with my wife.

Tenderly cradling her face, my thumb repetitively caressed her cheek, grateful for the peaceful look on her face.

I'll never forget her anguished wail as the doctor told us we were losing our baby. Her desperate grasps onto my arms and pleading cries, "No Prince...no baby...baby do something."

All I could do was hold her. Hold her and love her in that moment.

It was so much to bear, seeing her so devastated and hearing her horrid screams to deliver Adley...in her silent birth.

Drawing near, hovering over her my lips brushed softly along her cheek, my nose slid along hers until I gently pecked at her sweet lips and whispered.

"Sssshhhh Allie...I've said this from our beginning, let me love you sweet girl."

After hearing my words, her eyes slowly opened to a hood.

In barely a whisper, "How did you get..."

"Not. One. More. Word. My love."

Lingering over her, our eyes stayed steady with one another while her hand slowly brushed my locks away from my eyes.

My eyes shut enjoying her caress and a shiver fell over my arms. "Oh Allie...how I've missed your touch."

I lost her gaze as soon as her eyes pooled.