Chapter 37 - I Love The Both Of You

Prince's POV

My eyebrows rose at Dr. Price's words, "I beg your pardon?"

"Allie is six weeks pregnant. I'm assuming that's news to you? It might be news to her too."

A smile crept across my lips, "I believe it will be doc. I believe it will be."

"When are you two tying the knot?" Dr. Price asked.

"Oh I'd love to share when, but I do not want the press tipped off at all. Suffice it to say though, it's very soon. Say doc...lemmie ask ya something. Any chance you could let me tell her that we're pregnant?"

"I might be willing to allow that if a couple of orders are followed."

I looked side to side like I was opening a raincoat and offering to sell him a watch on the street, "And those would be?"

"If all goes well the rest of today, my plan is to discharge her this evening or tomorrow morning. She needs to stay hydrated, fed, walk no running for a while and I'll defer to her OB on running during pregnancy. She just needs to take it easy, no unnecessary stress. I'd like to even see her gain five to seven pounds too. Her weight is a little low."

"She's an exercise machine doc. I will have no problem fulfilling all of those orders. One question...can I make love to her?"

I do believe Dr. Price blushed. "As long as she feels up for sexual intercourse I'm fine with her doing such an activity."

"What is it with you people? The EMTs said the same damn thing, sexual intercourse...this act is not medical doc it's spiritual...ya haffta say make love."

He was chuckling. "Alright then."

"No, no, no...let's hear ya say it doc. M a k e l o v e."

"Make love."

Allie woke and softly called me, "Prince?"

"You'll have to excuse me doc, my girl is awake. Suffice it to say though, I think you could have said it will a little more swagger."

He shooed me away shaking his head chuckling.

Rushing to the side of the bed, I couldn't help but have the biggest smile on my face. "Hi sunshine."

"Hi purple man."

The swelling of her face had diminished drastically so I placed a couple of kisses on her beautiful lips.

Afterwards, I swiped some lip balm on them as they were a bit dry from being so swollen.

Pressing her lips together I asked, "Does that feel a little bit better baby?"

"Yes honey, thank you."

"You're welcome."

"How was Madrid?" She asked drowzily.

"Baby I never went to Madrid. I've been here with you."

"What?"

"I've been here with you."

"You didn't go? Wait we broke up."

"Broke up? What in the devil are you talking about? Never...honey we're getting married [quietly so Dr. Price didn't over hear] in a couple of weeks.

"Why am I here? Honey I want to go home."

Quizically looking at Dr. Price I mumbled, "Is this the confusion you were referring to? How long is this going to last? Why would she think we broke up?"

Dr. Price introduced himself and explained what happened to her and answered her questions. Once he left she said again, "Let's get out of here...tugging on her IV line." My baby is definitely still a little out of it.