Chapter 57 - She Sparkled

My lovely readers, moving forward Dr. Bridget Wagner, Allie's psychologist will be known as Dr. Pearl Wagner. I tried to go back and change all the Bridget references to Pearl. If you tend to reread and I missed one I do apologize.

Prince's POV

Snow fell heavily while we were having our appointment with Pearl. If you've ever driven with your bright lights on during a good snowfall, it's dizzying.

That was this kind of snow, minus the bright lights. Driving in this kind of snow made you somewhat confused when you drove through it, chaotic and blinding. I knew I would have to use extra care as we drove back to Paisley.

Even though she was sensible and wore her snow boots, I still held onto her as we trudged through the slick parking lot. Once we arrived at the car, she looked angelic with all the snow in her hair. I still couldn't believe that she thought and researched this lantern thing on her own.

In the short time that we've been married, she truly started to come into her own which was beautiful to see happen. While she had some maturing to do, it wasn't in the same ways my other wives had to mature, they were just plain too young for me. Allie needed to mature in resilience and in her ability to communicate her feelings.

After shutting her car door, I cleared the windows with the snow brush and got into the car.

"It sure looks pretty coming down so steadily, it's almost hypnotic." She shared while curiously watching the flakes plummet to the ground.

"Yes, I'll admit I would much prefer to watch it from a window at Paisley rather than here. Or even better from a window in our new house.

It's definitely gonna take us a little while to get home. While I know that I promised to go out to dinner, would you be ok if we went out to dinner another night? This snow is just accumulating too fast."

"Oh gosh yeah, I agree. No one should be out in this."

We were quiet on the drive, both seemingly concentrating on the road, and admittedly, probably a bit on the heavy session with Pearl.

"Are you in the mood for a vegetarian stir fry? I didn't really prepare for this meal wise." Looking a bit perplexed as to what to make for dinner.

"Oh yeah...yeah. Or if you don't want to cook, I can order Chinese."

"No that's ok, I don't mind."

I grabbed her hand, gave it a kiss and periodically checked her out in my peripheral.

No matter how strong she proves herself to be, I still see a fragile quality about her that makes me want to protect her from all her harsh realities, like with her father and definitely Adley.

Thirty-five minutes later, we finally pulled into the garage and I turned the ignition off.

"That was a stressful drive. I could use some of my wife's TLC to unwind."

Resting myself on the armrest, she leaned over and when our lips met for a long and intense kiss, it felt more intimate than being inside of her. When we parted, I gently pecked at her until she whispered, "You are the perfect combination of everything I have ever wanted."

"I feel the exact same way sweetheart." I lovingly admitted.

As we continued to kiss, I told her how I felt, "I'm so proud of you Allie, so proud of how you've handled all of it."

"You've been so loving and pragmatic. Where would I be without you?" Complimenting him, brushing his hair back and lovingly taking him into sweet kisses.