Chapter 51 - Condition of His Heart

Second week in November...

Allie's POV

Schwump. Schwump. Schwump. Schwump.

The wipers on the car weren't able to keep up with the snow.

"Do you think we should stop Prince?"

"The thing is we're only about 10 minutes from me dropping you off at The Galleria for some shopping. Then I'll buzz over for my session with Pearl."

"But driving like this feels a little unsafe."

My fingertips lightly trailed along his forearm causing him to give me a quick side eye with a small smile.

"You feel good baby." He said while drawing his arm back, clasping onto my hand and kissing it still keeping his eyes focused on the road.

"We'll be fine, no worries. You're still not use to our Minnesota winters yet? I was born and raised, it's in my blood to tackle snow like this."

"Chicago got snow...but I just don't remember it like this. I should remember something like that don't you think?" I said contemplative.

Quietly whispering as I stared at the snow quickly brush across the windshield, "I should remember snow right? Or having fun in it...shouldn't I?"

"What baby?" Prince asked.

Coming out of my trance, I refocused to help him keep an eye on the road.

"Nothing."

It was late in the day, so shopping was a little deserted when Prince dropped me off. It also helped that the weather was looking threatening so many people made their way home earlier in the day.

After shutting the car off he kissed me tenderly on the lips, "Go get my pretty girl some pretty things. I'll text you when I'm on my way back to get you, ok?"

"Yeah."

The consummate gentleman jogged around and helped me get out of the car. As I started to walk away, he slipped around my waist, pulling me close to his front and hand resting on my low abdomen.

"Mmmm," he teased in my ear. "I've got plans for you tonight."

"You do?"

"I do. An awesome evening in on a snowy night." Brushing his full lips along my cheek. "A little flirting. A little dinner." Reaching my ear his voice got noticeably deeper, "A little Allie for my dessert." Biting my ear with a low growl. "You fell asleep last night so quick I didn't want to wake you, so be sure to find something sexy for such a special occassion."

Giving me a big kiss and my a behind squeeze, I went inside while he zoomed three buildings down for his appointment with Pearl.

Prince's POV

Giggling to myself as I walking into the clinic, Pearlwas already waiting for me and speaking with her receptionist.

"Hey! Braved the weather, love that kind of commitment. Come on back." Pearl said as we walked down the hall and sat down together.

Pearl was smiling broadly. "Well...you look very happy. Not that I'm surprised, but dare I say you're almost glowing a bit."

"I'm very happy."

"Do you want to share anything?" Pearl asked excitedly.

"I was gonna ask you how I might approach a physical overture with Allie but ah let's just say that's no longer necessary."

"That is wonderful to hear. Is Allie just as smitten as you?"

"She is...well I don't want to speak for her, but I think she feels much more settled, and connected. I know I do."