Chapter 25 - All Too Real

Allie's POV

My eyes hurt from all of my crying last night. Quietly, careful not to wake Prince, I got up early to tend to my burn which was thankfully looking and feeling at lot better than yesterday.

After showering, I began to lightly pat the Lidocaine and ointment on the area and Prince caught my eye as he stood in the doorway. It was amazing how embarrassed I felt, so exposed now that we had argued and I don't even know what we are anymore. I didn't want him to see me like this "Let me help you."

After what all that was said last night, I was feeling much too vulnerable to let him touch me. I knew if he did I would crumble right there. Trying not to make eye contact, I kindly said, "Thanks, but I'm almost finished."

"It looks a lot better than yesterday." He said.

"Yeah...I think so too."

As I walked past him he gently grabbed my forearm and said, "We should talk."

"I think you said everything last night." Packing my last few items I said, "I'll be honest, if you want me to explore my feelings, then I decided that I can't be sleeping with you. It would be too hard on me."

He sat down on the bed and ran his fingers through his hair. When he looked up at me it his eyes were red and welling with tears, which made me immediately start to cry so I went back into the bathroom and got dressed.

When I came out, he was a little more composed, "God Allie you look sexy beautiful." Slipping his arm around my waist he kissed my forehead and whispered, "Where does this leave us?" Breaking his hold, I rolled my bag out into the living room, and found my anger starting to swell, "You know Prince, you set all this up. This was your request, not mine. You and my Mom made this happen."

"I don't know how this has all unraveled."

"Maybe you need to sort your feeling out with my mother."

"Come on Allie...please don't be this way. I made a mistake."

"Me be this way? I wasn't the one telling you to go date someone else. I was asking you to come inside me...that's how committed I was to you last night." I rolled my bag to the door.

"Allie the bellman will get your bag."

"If we're not together anymore, I shouldn't reap the benefits of your hotel stay."

The elevator door opened and there was my mother sitting in the lobby all smiles.

When I sat down she said, "Don't you look pretty, sexy this morning. I bet Prince can't keep his hands off of you."

"Well that was the intent, but since my mother decided to whore me out to two men, instead of me being with the man I love, I thought I'd better play the part."

"Alessandra what are you talking about?"

"You know damn well what I'm talking about. Tell'in Prince I need to sort my feelings out for Louis."

Just then Louis approached us from behind, while Prince approached from in front of us.

"What feelings?" Louis asked.

"Oh good. I'm glad we're all here." I said. "Apparently Phyllis and Prince think I need to explore my feelings for you Louis. You and I need to spend some quality time together. Is the car out front?" I asked.

Louis was surprised and had a concerned look on his face, "Yeah the car is out front, I just pulled it up."

I left them all to pick up their jaws and meet them out front, but Prince caught up with me and fumbled for words, "Allie...maybe you were right, I should be listening to you. You're a grown woman and..."