Prologue

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1733

~~♛~~

Lyra~

Here we go. Finally! I'll be able to receive my own Pokémon companion!

I grabbed my hairbrush and started brushing my brown hair with careful strokes. After that, I wore my headwear and made my way downstairs. Upon my arrival, I saw my mom already there, sitting on a chair as if she was expecting me.

"There you are Lyra. Ethan was here earlier, playing hide-and-seek with his Marill. I'm afraid you missed him. He left a minute ago," she informed me.

Ethan was my childhood friend. There were rarely any fights between us, and now we're growing up every minute. He found the Marill in the wild and decided to train it, but he did promise that he'll come with me to the lab and get our starter Pokémon.

"Professor Elm called a bit recently before Ethan arrived. He was looking for the two of you. It seemed to be urgent. Do you remember where his lab is?" she asked. I nodded my head in response.

"Good. And also, do you have everything you need? Here, take this bag," she said, shoving a bag at me. I was startled a bit, but hey; aren't most mothers like that?

"Oh, why am I wasting time? Go to the professor, Lyra. Don't leave the town until you show me your first Pokémon, okay?"

I mentally rolled my eyes, but hid it with a smile. "Okay, mom."

Once I left the house, I was just about to find Ethan until—"Boo!" he found me first.

I jumped back, startled, and found Ethan standing to my left. He burst into laughter after seeing my surprised reaction. But all I did was pout my lips until I had a smart idea...

While he was distracted, I crouched down and whispered something inside Marill's ears. Then, Marill jumped up and used Bubblebeam right at Ethan's face. It was my turn to laugh.

"Yeah, yeah, I know Lyra. You got your payback so let's go," he said.

I complied and followed him to Professor Elm's lab. Once we got inside, we were immediately greeted by one of the professor's assistance. We greeted back just before Professor Elm asked us to come over to where he's standing.

"Lyra! And Ethan! I'm glad you came. I'm doing some research regarding Pokémon in these capture devices we call Pokéballs. However, I do believe walking with your Pokémon would bring some advantages, maybe like bonding, or evolution and growth," Elm noted.