Chapter 32

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1047

~~♛~~

Lyra~

Who was Ethan to me... Why would he ask me that?

Silver must've had a clue of what I was about to say, judging by his current expression.To be honest, I've never seen Ethan as anything but my best friend since childhood or a brother.

"You know, Lyra; you could've stopped me from pushing him away. Just because I have the heavier side of a scale, it doesn't mean I won't respect your opinions. We're stuck like this after all," Silver informed me.

I scratched the back of my head, wondering the proper response I should reply with. He just said something kind to me, something I wasn't expecting him to do. Was this just a way to get on my good side?

No... I shouldn't think like that.

"I know but... I didn't want him to get hurt," I responded truthfully.

"You care about him; I can see that. Do you love him?"

Love him? I guess I do but only as family. However, intimately... I couldn't see that as something that could ever happen. If he loved me, he would've said something by now, or even joke about it... I remembered how open and straightforward he was when it comes to his own thoughts.

"I don't know... I just can't see that kind of love between Ethan and I..." I replied.

"Good," he suddenly responded simply, using one hand to turn my face towards him and giving me a small pat on the head. "It would be annoying to hear more constant thoughts of him."

I blushed, slapping his hand away in embarrassment.

"Anyways, Chuck's wife told me that her husband wasn't here at the moment and suggested that we should visit the Safari Zone nearby. She also said she'll inform him to ensure our planned Gym Battle with him," he told me, taking out his Pokégear from his pockets.

"Let me guess: you don't care about it but wondered if I was desperate to go to the Safari Zone," I teased, eyeing him with the 'am I right' look.

He nudged me back. "Well if I recall correctly, you wanted a Vulpix and if I also recalled correctly, you could find a Vulpix near  the Safari Zone."

"Aw! You remembered~" I exclaimed, as I ended up hugging him from behind. While I did so, I noticed the faint red colour on his cheeks and how he slightly pouted his lips.

"Well, it would be annoying to hear your cries if I didn't tell you," he responded.

"Humph! At least you could've been nice about it!" I retorted with pouted lips.

"So then, shall we head there now? The woman was also kind enough to give me the map," he asked, showing me a map on the screen of his Pokégear.

• ᴘ ᴏ ᴋ ᴇ ᴍ ᴏ ɴ •

"So where do I find a Vulpix?" I asked.

Silver informed me that finding a Vulpix was rare but that I should find one around this area. He sat near a tree while dismissing me to find the Pokémon on my own. I wished he could've at least given me a hint. Pokémon doesn't just show up in front of you, you know.

"It could be anywhere. You won't find it if you don't actually look for it," he responded in a bored expression, bringing out Sneasel from its Pokéball and allowing it to rest on its shoulder.

I sighed and brought out Bayleef to help me. As I began to wander around, I felt something on my shoulder. Looking towards that direction, I noticed Sneasel resting on it. I glanced further and noticed Silver with his eyes closed.

'He's probably taking a nap,' I told myself.

"Hey Sneasel, want to help me find a Vulpix?" I asked.

However, I didn't get a response. Instead, the Sneasel kept continuously staring at my face. It kept repetitively tilting its head to the side, as if the Pokémon was searching for something.

"Is something wrong?" I asked it, mimicking its head tilting motion.

Once again, no response. Why was it looking at me in such a way? Did I do something wrong? Oh how I wish I could understand what a Pokémon is thinking...! As I began thinking what I should do, I noticed Bayleef grabbing something from my bag. However, I realized I'm paying more attention to Sneasel, who later got off my shoulder and landed on the ground.

I noticed it starting to draw letters on the ground.

t  h  a  n  k    y  o  u    f  o  r--

Bayleef came back, with a Vulpix following her. They both sat at both ends beside me, accompanying me in watching Sneasel continue to write the message. As Sneasel continued and finally finished, I put together what Sneasel was trying to say. I couldn't help but part my lips in shock.

Tears threatened to fall from my eyes, watching Sneasel with a big grin on its face. I dropped to my knees slowly, noticing Bayleef staring at me with concern and Vulpix staring with confusion. Despite that, my lips curved into a smile, my eyes taking a glance at Silver who kept sleeping.

'Thank you for staying with Silver.'

~~♛~~

I'll still wonder about the words 'Humph' and 'Hmph" since when I'm typing it, 'Hmph' had the squiggly red line below it...

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~