Chapter 60 - Epilogue

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 2228

~~♛~~

Lyra~

My eyes opened to an area filled with pure light. There was nothing here and I floated in the air like a feather. It felt so peaceful that I didn't want to get up.

Then, the room started to change. The white light started to turn darker and I began hearing the sounds of water falling-the waterfall. I instantly got up and noticed myself sitting in the water, the spot where the Kimono Sisters had me lay.

Did I fail the trial? If that's the case, where was everyone else? The Kimono Girls were nowhere to be found in the room and I couldn't tell if Blue or Green was around here.

But then I noticed a figure sitting on the risen platform where Sayo had placed my bag. The figure wore a cloak similar to the cloak Exchanger had worn. They sat cross-legged on the platform, with their hands holding an item on their lap.

Because they sat that way I got a glimpse of what they wore. The sight of their clothes alone took my breath away from me: red shoes, white stockings, and the blue short overalls.

I got up from the water and approached them. Noticing my actions they stood up as well and stepped down from the platform. The cloak swayed to their right as they approached me but that's when I noticed their wrist.

Not only their wrist, but the hand itself was transparent.

We stopped in front of one another, around a metre apart without looking away. Like Exchanger when I first met him, the figure's hood covered a portion of their face; however, the only difference was the mask they wore that Exchanger didn't.

"Who are you?" I muttered.

Why did I ask that question? I knew who they were, but perhaps it feels more comforting if I heard it from them. Maybe I was just confirming for myself as to who they were.

The figure gripped their mask and removed it, letting to drop on the ground, the sound of the object falling on the rocky surface ringing within the room. They raised their transparent hand towards their face, under their hood and presumably over their eyes. Tears began slipping from underneath the hood.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

The figure nodded, with a hoarse voice they responded, "It's so strange..."