Chapter 28

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1454

~~♛~~

Lyra~

'Is he really...?' I questioned in my head.

My eyes suddenly widened as I truly comprehend what was happening in front of me. This electrifying feeling on my lips... as if fireworks had exploded. My body was frozen, startled and surprised, but I felt myself enjoying this warm sensation. Why though...?

I felt Silver's lips pull away after a minute or so, suddenly being greeted by the cold feeling of the nightly wind. As Silver took a small step back, I took the time to take a deep breath, with my eyes shyly gazing at the ground. I couldn't look at him... he'll see how red my face is!

But after a bit, I brought up the courage to actually look up to him, into his red gleaming eyes that stared at me with mixed emotions. They held the usual broad stare but I did notice a small glimpse of sympathy and kindness behind them. Before I was able to speak, Silver placed his hand on top of my head and gave it a short pat.

"A future determined by choices, huh... I like that belief," he said, turning around before proceeding to walk away.

I hurried and caught up to him; however, I didn't have the guts to walk beside him after what had just happened. I ended up cowering and followed behind him, watching his feet move to know my directions.

We left the tower and proceeded back to Route 39. The police were still in the city, so we shouldn't bring up any more unwanted attention, as the fact that Silver's a wanted criminal still stood. I knew Silver was going to isolate himself inside the forest, but it helps his training and I feel it could help heal his soul somehow.

My body began wavering, my legs began trembling. I realized I was getting sleepy, noticing how my eyes were desperately attempting to force themselves to close. I reached out and grabbed Silver's coat.

"Silver..." I muttered his name but I wasn't able to tell him about my drowsiness.

It wasn't until then that my legs gave in and I ended up tumbling forward, just as I noticed Silver turn around and catch me. His arms engulfed around my body, passing over this feeling of warmth.

"You're such a chore sometimes, you know..."

He settled me on the ground, proceeding to crouch down as a way to tell me to get on his back. Knowing I had no other option, I stumbled forward and landed on his back, with my arms around his neck and his arms carrying my legs.