Chapter 50

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1913

~~♛~~

Lyra~

Silver had ordered Togekiss to clear the smoke. For a moment, I felt a bit of wind—I knew Togekiss was trying, but it was too late. The explosion caught us off guard, as my body flew backward into the water.

I couldn't breathe, as my body sunk deeper into the water. Once my body slowed at a spot far from the surface but far from the bottom, I attempted to move my limbs; however, my muscles were numb in pain from the explosion.

I knew that I was going to lose oxygen soon. Marill wasn't anywhere in my sight at the moment—at least, from what I could tell with my blurred vision. My bag... Perhaps the reason why I didn't sink to the bottom was because I wasn't wearing my bag.

I couldn't call for Marill to help me. The explosion must've distanced us, which I'm sure they're already confused and worried...

...wait...

The bracelet...

Why wasn't the bracelet reacting? Silver and I were definitely far beyond 5 metres from each other, yet I'm not being dragged up. Instead, my body continued to slowly sink further down, inch by inch.

Was I going to die like this? How did the bracelet suddenly stopped working, at a time like this? My mind was filled with those kinds of questions.

I was losing consciousness, my vision continued to blur without any means of stopping. Silver must be in trouble, but I can't do anything to help him. I should've tried harder.

Was this all a trap?...

...

Yeah... Maybe it was.

• ᴘ ᴏ ᴋ ᴇ ᴍ ᴏ ɴ •

Was it all a dream? Where am I? Why do I hear water falling around me?

My eyes were shut tightly, but I tried to force myself to open them.

"W-where am I..." I muttered to myself in a hoarse voice.

When I tried to get up, I was welcomed with the familiar, aching feeling. I noticed Marill swimming towards me, attempting to help me up with Bayleef assisting from nearby. She stood near the edge of the small lake—the small lake that I had laid on and rested.