Chapter 56

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 2118

~~♛~~

Lyra~

"Green..."

The woman had a neutral expression on her face, approaching us coolly without hesitation. Exchanger's posture stiffened, which made me worried. However, the woman didn't appear to have a desire to hurt us.

Instead, she approached me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Lyra, right? I heard what's happening from my... friend. Listen, I'm here to introduce myself. My name is Green, and you can say Silver and I had... some history together."

I remembered Pryce's words, of how she sheltered Silver when he was in his critical moment, of how the fire caused him to have amnesia. Green stared at me as if she was expecting an answer, but I could tell she knew I wouldn't say anything. After all, I don't know a whole lot about Silver, not the way Green did.

I couldn't help but feel jealous.

"Anyways, the person manipulating Silver happens to have my face. You see, Silver and I were kidnapped by a Masked Man, who planned on using us on his conquest to capture and control Celebi. Have you heard of this story?" she asked.

"I haven't heard a lot about it, but Silver did briefly explain what happened," I answered truthfully.

Green nodded. "Well then, I'll be re-explaining things. I don't want you to misunderstand the situation. Silver and I escaped his clutches after nine or so years of imprisonment. Things weren't going smoothly for us, adapting to society and all that. Silver had people after him, specifically because he had connections to Team Rocket."

"But why, though? Why did the Masked Man went through all of the trouble?" I asked.

"Better if I don't tell you," Green replied bluntly. "Better if you don't know who the Masked Man is at all."

"And why is that?" Morty retorted.

I turned to Exchanger, who had his head facing towards the ground. It definitely had to do something with Green's words. What was she hiding from us?

"Don't know Silver that long? Perhaps I'm overestimating your complexity," Green responded.

"Don't say that to Lyra, Green. Silver has gotten better in hiding his emotions in this lifetime," Exchanger scolded lightly.