Chapter 22

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1330

~~♛~~

Lyra~

It felt as if this was the most peaceful night I've had, outside of home. Most of the time, it was me just sleeping in random areas within routes or cities but now, it felt different. Was it simply because I was on a bed this time?

Deep down, I knew the answer very clearly.

Yes, I was lying on a bed, wrapped in the sheets I remembered from yesterday. My eyes slowly opened, glancing at the morning sky. In other words, my body was facing the window, in case you are confused.

However, the morning shine was too bright for my eyes. Therefore, I shifted my body and turned around. My hands brushed off what looked like someone's back. I could tell from the fabric texture that it was Silver.

I leaned closer to him, resting the side of my cheek on his back while my hands held the fabric.

He was warm.

My eyes wandered to the blue bracelet that was on my wrist. Memories started flowing through my head, as I smiled at what happened yesterday.

"Ho-oh and Lugia were never rivals. Once the Brass Tower was destroyed, the pair parted. Perhaps I gave that to you as a sign of hope, but it's mainly to take your mind off the bracelet that binds us together."

Deep down, I was happy that Silver cared, but I don't know how long that'll last. The bracelets did tamper our lives, which left me devastated in certain cases, so it was nice that I can see a bit of hope like he told me.

"You're awake?" I heard Silver grumble.

"Mhm."

'He must've slept well', I thought, just as he turned around to face me. His red eyes looked sleepy, his eyelids only half-open. He brought up his hand and moved the hair strands that were blocking my eyes.

I smiled. "Good morning, Silver."

"Morning..." he said quietly in a hoarse tone.

Out of the two of us, Silver was the first to get up. As he does, the bed immediately felt lighter. I glanced up and noticed Silver in a sitting position on the edge of the bed, looking over his shoulder and gazing at me.