Chapter 16

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 2294

~~♛~~

Lyra~

Lyra and Silver,

At this moment, you are in Goldenrod City. Whatever obstacles you face, don't let it drag you down; however, do not ignore it. It is not a weakness. Perhaps those obstacles will someday help you in the future.

In this chapter, you will be facing a Gym Leader named Whitney. In this region, she is known as The Incredibly Pretty Girl. She specializes in Normal Type Pokémon which will be tough to beat. During your battle, she will use Clefairy and Miltank.

Some strange stuff is happening in Goldenrod City; one of them being the presence of Team Rocket grunts around the city. Don't engage them yet. They don't seem to be doing any harm and battling them will provoke the leaders of the organizations. Just stay low... for now.

Focus on collecting the badges and making your way to the Pokémon League. One day, you might need to face them, to end the organization once and for all. But that time isn't now.

~S

After I read the letter out loud, I stashed the extra letter in my bag.

Silver picked up Togepi from the ground. At first, I began to panic due to Silver's strong and scary aura; however, Togepi didn't cry or looked sad when Silver picked her up. She relaxed in Silver's arms, leaving me speechless. I simply stared for a bit before Silver turned back to me.

"What?" he questioned me.

I hesitated for a bit. "Oh... It's just how you're holding Togepi with actual gentleness."

"What of it?" he questioned me again without a reaction. I swore that I saw a hint of red on his cheeks. Was I seeing things?

"Nothing, I guess..." I softly replied.

"Then let's go," he said, starting to walk ahead of me. I quickly followed him, presumably the gym.

Goldenrod City was definitely a big city. There were so many tall buildings that must be related to some businesses. Whenever I look at a building, I feel like a small Pokémon. The population must be huge as well. There were a lot of people in different places.

But through the people here, I did spot a few people with a huge 'R' on their shirts. I'm sure Silver must've felt uncomfortable whenever we're around them.

Speaking of Silver, he looked calm at the moment. He must be trying to forget that there were Team Rocket Grunts around. Instead, his eyes were stone cold but softens whenever he looks down at Togepi. Her smile brings me a lot of joy.