Chapter 46

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1699

~~♛~~

Lyra~

Once we arrived at Blackthorn City, the first place Silver and I went to was the Pokémon Center. While we waited for our Pokémon, I asked Silver about the stone Gastly was holding. He told me it was an Everstone, but didn't say anything else.

"Trauma, perhaps? At first, I wanted to use Gastly for strength, once he evolves into his final form; however, the more I stare at Gastly, the more I began seeing someone I didn't want to see."

"Someone you didn't want to see?" I questioned.

From the way he said that, I wondered if the person he was referring to was someone Silver knew. Was it another rival he had before losing his memories? No matter who they were, Silver didn't like talking about them. However, I couldn't help but be curious about who they were.

That being said, I didn't want to put Silver in an uncomfortable position. When I turned towards him, I noticed Silver staring at the ground, arms folded and his back leaned against the wall. His eyebrows furrowed for a minute, as his mind was deep in thought.

I took some time to recall the events that happened so far. Wasn't this supposed to be a regular, harmless adventure? Why did this all happen? I didn't know the answer, but I began wondering about what I had done to deserve all this.

The only positive in this journey was that it's the reason how I met Silver and how I became closer to someone other than Ethan—oh... Ethan... I remembered how protective he was towards me back then. We were the same age, but he seemed more of an adult—well in most cases anyway.

There was something about him I had wondered: why was he holding back?

I remembered the time a classmate made fun of me and Ethan wasn't in the mood to sit down and watch. Although I felt sorry for the poor classmate, I wondered why Ethan resorted to brute force to solve the issue. Though it did solve the problem, I wished he solved it more civilly.

However, he knew Silver was pushing me around, yet all he did was glare. Was it because of the punishment he received after he hurt the other kid, or was it really because he was holding back? I wasn't a kid anymore, so I was alright with most things; of course, that didn't make me an adult.

After a few minutes of silence, Sneasel and Marill headed towards us in a hastily matter, both holding a group of Pokéballs together.