Chapter 11

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1408

~~♛~~

Lyra~

"I'm really sorry about Silver."

The first thing I did was apologize to Bugsy who was kneeling beside Scyther, using his body to help the Pokémon up. Scyther was exhausted with a ton of damage marks on its body. After I said what I had said, Bugsy turned his head and stared at me—there wasn't any anger in his eyes... He's the one who gazed at me with sympathy, even though I should be the one doing so.

"It's not your fault Lyra..." Bugsy informed me, turning his gaze towards the ground before gritting his teeth, "I can't believe that guy... to think that he so calmly stated we were weak...!"

He grabbed the Pokéball in his pocket returned Scyther back inside before staring at the front part of the capsule. His hand shook a bit, as he gripped onto the Pokéball with his right hand tightly.

"You can't say someone's weak, simply by the way their Pokémon battle... That's wrong! Pokémon and people grow stronger together, some at a slow pace and some at a fast pace. He's judging people without knowing who they were!" he almost exclaimed, slamming his fist at the ground.

I wanted to say something... but what could I even say? I felt that if I said something, it would only make things worse. I want to say I understood, but I didn't. Bayleef was nudging at the ladybug-like badge Bugsy threw at me earlier, just before Silver left the Gym. He was leaning against the glass door outside, with his face turned away from us.

I grabbed the badge and clenched my hand. Honestly, I didn't deserve this badge if I had done nothing to earn it. It wasn't right to hand out badges if the challenger hasn't proven themselves worthy of such. It was only Silver's battle, not mine.

I wanted to give it back to him. However, my mind knew I needed this badge to get the bracelet off. At the same time, the mere thought sounded so greedy and that was something I didn't like being. Even if this felt like a game, I didn't want to be a pawn in a chess game.

I watched Bugsy put away the Pokéball and rise to his feet before he proceeded to walk towards me. Immediately, I tried to give him the badge back; however, he grabbed my hand and closed my fingers as if the badge was delicate as a piece of glass and so fragile to the touch.

I looked up and noticed how his purple eyes stared at me with pure determination. "I honestly never thought my Scyther could lose to someone like him, someone so vile and cruel; however, despite that, I still see hope in him."

I blinked in confusion. "I don't understand..."

"What I'm saying is that even if he seems like a total idiot who doesn't care the slightest of Pokémon and trainers, I still see hope. That must be why the cloaked man from before requested for you two to have a tag battle," Bugsy explained.

"You think so?" I questioned.

Bugsy nods his head. "Yeah. I'm sure of it. No one is evil, simply because they chose to. That would mean they see evil in something else. I'm sure of it. So look after him Lyra, okay?"

I was stunned at what he informed me. However, I could sort of see where he was going. I knew that I had to find the good in Silver, but I knew I shouldn't force him to change for the sake of 'hope'. I also wondered if it was okay for me to pursue that ideal...

After the discussion with Bugsy, Bayleef and I left the gym.

Silver stepped back to let us out of the Gym and proceeded to walk away from me. I was surprised he didn't ask about what Bugsy and I were discussing about—thank goodness he didn't—and left it how it is. However, I felt restless, as if he should know what we were talking about.

"Silver?" I called out to him.

He stopped and turned around with a soulless stare. I gulped, realizing that I shouldn't talk to him about Bugsy. He would've considered it 'irrelevant'—I knew he would think like that. My head shook and I turned away. I didn't want the Silver I saw before to come back, but saying that would be selfish of me—selfish for me to try to change him.

Silver knew I wasn't going to say a word but stand there like a fool, so he grabbed my forearm and dragged me forward, with Bayleef following me after my sudden reaction. He was trying to tell me to continue following him to the next city...

The next place that the letter mentioned was the forest nearby, which was where Silver brought us to. My eyes wandered to the sky and noticed how the afternoon was turning to the evening. The sky was vastly purple and orange, with the mid-part blended. The bottom part of the clouds was showing the orange sunlight, from the setting sun.

It was truly a beautiful sight to see.

"Let's go. If we pass through the forest, we'll be able to make it to the next city," Silver informed me. I nodded as I understood what he said, as he released my forearm and expected me to follow him like his obedient pet—that was a bit weird to put it...

I glanced at Bayleef worryingly before proceeding to catch up to him. As I followed him silently, I noticed the thick trees around us. Were we walking in some sort of forest? Oh yeah... I did recall the letter mentioning a forest of some sort.

"Hey Silver, is this the forest the letter mentioned?" I asked.

"Most likely. This is Ilex Forest, and if we continue going through this direction, we'll be able to get to the next route and to the next city," he answered without turning around to face me.

"Ilex Forest..." I muttered under my breath, continuing to stare at the trees around me. I noticed some Pokémon living within the branches and barks, and some in the water and grass. Most of them looked like the type that wouldn't mind chilling in Bugsy's Gym.

Suddenly, I heard Bayleef cried out in a suspicion tone right towards my bag. I stopped and turned to Bayleef to check what was the cause of her cry. Her eyes were gazing at my bag—it was glowing! I was stunned to see the inside of my backpack glowing in a brilliant light. I heard Silver stopping and I glanced at him to see he was staring at my bag too before heading closer to me.

"What's in your bag?" Silver questioned, pointing to my bag with a suspicious look.

I didn't know how to answer him, so I opened the bag fully and grabbed the item that was glowing. I was surprised at the sight of the glowing object. It was the same egg that I got from Mr. Pokémon. The light was too harsh for my eyes to handle, which forced Silver and I to close them.

I raised my forearm to cover my eyes, as the light began hurting a bit. What was happening? Was the Egg... hatching?

~~♛~~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~