Chapter 34

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1037

~~♛~~

Lyra~

After the battle we had with Chuck, I decided to ask him further about the time 'S' came to the Cianwood Gym.

"Do you have any other information from S?" I asked.

"Not much, besides from what I mentioned before the battle—or at least anything that could've helped you, lads," he responded, returning his Poliwrath into its Pokéball.

As Bayleef skipped happily by my side, I couldn't help but analyze the possibilities of who 'S' could be. Unlike in the past where I wanted to quickly find out who they were, I actually took the time to use Chuck's observations to find out who S was. However, from what he said, 'S' reminded me of Silver.

Was it pure coincidence that Silver's name begins with the letter 's', or was there a deeper meaning behind it?

There's also the part where 'S' apparently noted that something happened at around the moment Silver and I entered the Gym. With that in mind, I recalled the trainer who was here before us—how startled he was when he saw us. For some reason, I had an uneasy feeling about that trainer—I mean he looked younger than me, but he was far surprised at our entrance than how a normal kid would react.

"You kids better get a move on to the next city. The next place you should head to is Mahogany Town. Good luck on your adventures and may you two take care of yourselves well," Chuck exclaimed, handing me the Storm Badge.

I nodded and smiled. "Thanks."

With Bayleef following us and Sneasel on Silver's shoulder, we all exited the Gym. Silver informed me that Mahogany Town was closer to Ecruteak City, so we had to cross the waters again—by 'cross the waters', I meant Kadabra taking us back to Ecruteak City with his teleportation skills.

Before we were able to do so, we heard a voice calling out to us from behind our backs. When we both turned around, we noticed a man with a white shirt and green pants sprinting towards us. In an instant, Sneasel started snarling towards him, proceeding to grip onto Silver's jacket. When the man stopped to take a breath, he immediately darted his attention to Silver.

"That Sneasel... It ran away from me when I caught it in the wild. Give me back my Pokémon!" the man proclaimed.

Sneasel kept snarling at the man. Perhaps it didn't like the man, especially when it seemed to have a close bond with Silver.

"Oh, would you look at that—it doesn't want to be with you, now does it?" Silver taunted the man.

"I caught that Pokémon! You must be some sort of thief!" the man exclaimed further.

Silver sighed. "I don't have time for this. Kadabra—"

"Wait a second, you look familiar..."

'Oh no! Soon, the man will recognize Silver!'

I sent Kadabra 'that look', while the latter hastily raised his spoon to teleport us away. Afterward, we stood in front of the Burned Tower. Bayleef was standing close to my legs while Sneasel continued to hold onto Silver's shoulder. I sighed in relief, turning to Kadabra to thank him.

In response, the Psychic Type Pokémon stuck out his thumb before Silver recalled him back to his Pokéball.

"How stupid are the police anyway? It's been days and people have seen me—yet those morons can't even catch me."

"It's strange how we haven't even seen the police while we're still travelling..." I noted.

"Don't jinx it. I don't even want to deal with those morons... Anyways, come with me," Silver said, grabbing my hand and taking me up the stairs and back inside the Burned Tower. I remembered the last time I was in here and the memories weren't pleasant. When we entered the tower, there's weren't any one of those cool looking Legendary Pokémon inside.

There were mostly Gastlys and Rattatas, who weren't bothered by our arrival. Speaking of which, I wasn't sure why Silver brought me here instead of heading to Mahogany Town. When I turned to him for answers, I noticed him scanning the area.

After a few seconds, he turned his head and faced my direction.

"Feeling better?"

"Huh?" I was surprised by his question, wondering what motive he had before asking me that.

"Do you forget things that easily...? You were attacked—most likely traumatized by that incident—and you haven't found contentment during that day."

"Oh..."

How sweet of him.

I naturally brought up a smile, facing Bayleef who was also smiling with me. Afterward, I turned to Silver who covered half of his face with his hand. I tilted my head curiously.

"You okay?"

"Yeah... Let's go now. We should head to the next city," Silver replied, walking past and ahead of me.

I caught up to him and we continued to head right of Ecruteak City. As we continued, something caught my attention; one small detail...

"Silver..."

"Hm?" he hummed, turning his head to face me.

"Did we ever receive letters from Cianwood City...?" I questioned.

Silver's eyes widened but shrugged it off. "Wonder if 'S' is finished playing with us... that little...—"

But those letters were really important, right... the original one stated that. Something was wrong... yeah... something was definitely off.

~~♛~~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~