Chapter 47

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1474

~~♛~~

Lyra~

"If you wish to seek me, come find me in the shadows"

I kept replaying those words in my head after Clair found us at the lake. It was as if he's trying to distance himself from me again, despite my attempts to get closer to him. I wanted to know what's in his mind, though I know it's not of my business.

Thankfully, he wasn't treating Gastly as harshly as I originally thought. At first, I believed he wanted to keep Gastly as a trophy Pokémon, but I thought about the other Pokémon he had, especially Feraligatr; although he's Silver's prized Pokémon—or that might be Sneasel—he doesn't treat them any different.

Clair led us to the Blackthorn Gym. I had a really strong impression of her, especially how she also emitted a similar aura compared to Lance. It's most likely in their genes, or maybe it's their charisma.

She introduced herself to be the best Dragon Master in the world. Though I was very surprised, Silver didn't seem too convinced of her bold statement. He simply shrugged once Clair's back was turned.

"What's wrong, Silver?" I questioned.

"'Best Dragon Master', huh... She claims to be a strong trainer, the people I hoped to face in my lifetime, instead of those imbeciles in Team Rocket..." he replied.

"That's because I am a strong trainer. Don't you dare underestimate me. I'm not someone who can be easily defeated," Clair responded to our short conversation.

"Oh, I'm sure that's true. Don't cry like a spoiled brat once I defeat you mercilessly," Silver retorted. "However, we seem to be short of one person—or I guess Pokémon in this case."

"Huh—"

I glanced below and behind me. Sneasel was behind Silver... but where's Marill? I began to panic. "Marill!?"

"What a time for that blue creature to wander off..." Silver sighed.

"Indeed you are correct, kid. Why don't you find your little friend before the Gym Battle? My Gym's not too far from here. I'm sure you'll find it eventually—actually, it's not hard to miss, so I'll be disappointed if you don't find it. And don't keep me waiting. I'm very impatient."