Chapter 43

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1414

~~♛~~

Lyra~

After I stashed the glacier badge in the badge case, Silver and I got ready to leave the gym; however, Pryce stopped us—me specifically—before we reached the door. It took a bit of time, but Pryce arrived at where we currently stood promptly.

"You two have the twin devices, right? Stand outside of the door, boy. Keep the door shut while I talk with the girl," Pryce instructed to Silver, with a sharp but surprising calm voice.

Silver didn't argue, proceeding to exit and close the door. I didn't felt any pulls or tugs, which meant Silver was still in the gym and just outside the door; just how Pryce requested. With his finger pressed against his lips, he hushed me to lower my voice.

"Though the walls can silence our conversation from the outside, I can't count on the luck that Silver won't press his ear against the door to hear something," he explained to me.

I see, so he wanted to speak to me privately. It made me skeptical because a lot of the things during our journey were mainly related to Silver. Besides the fact that we were connected through the bracelet, what did it have to do with me?

Pryce reached into his pocket with his spare hand and brought out a letter.

"This letter isn't from your masked fellow; this is my letter to him. That man—the one who brought you into this mess... send him my regards."

He places the letter on my hand, delicately closing my fingers to secure it. Afterward, I hastily shoved the letter in my bag. When I looked up to Pryce, he had his hand on my shoulder.

"That boy Silver... this is for your ears only—Lyra, was it? Back in the past, Silver was involved in an extreme situation, which forced his mind to block his memories. It involved fire, in which he was engulfed in and almost died. Although his father did his very best to save him as quickly as he could, the impact eventually caused him to lose the memories he blocked..."

Fire... He almost died from a fire. I wonder if that's what changed his view of me, or if it triggered something in his memory when I was attacked by Entei... Maybe... However, he wouldn't know, even if the incident triggered the thought.

"You probably already know this, but he should discover his memories on his own. But I remembered something... A girl sheltered him after the incident until he recovered. She kept him in a secluded place within Kanto, and I'm assuming she told him a bit of his memories—I don't know."