Chapter 23

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia, Episode 181: A Ghost of a Chance

Number of Words: 1983

~~♛~~

Lyra~

I thanked Sayo and Zuki for their hospitality. The clothes Zuki washed was drying in a bag, so they graciously allowed me to keep the red dress to keep. I knew that I had to pay them back somehow, but all Sayo told me was 'One day, you will.'

I was confused at what Sayo meant but Zuki informed me that everything will be clearer in the future. At this moment, Silver was holding Togepi in his arms which brought a smile on my face, especially when he's not complaining about it.

While doing so, Silver led me to where the Ecruteak Gym was, which should be around these couple of houses. At this moment, Silver and I had one goal; to remove these bracelets, we should attempt to get the badges as soon as possible. As Silver continued to lead me, I heard an unknown Pokémon cry get louder from behind me.

I glanced over my shoulder and noticed a purple Pokémon heading towards us. It looked like the Pokémon was carrying something in its mouth. After I stopped Silver from walking and turned around, I heard Sayo's voice call out to me.

"Hey, Lyra! Hang on a sec! We forgot about something," she cried out, halting when she finally caught up to us and took a few breaths. The purple Pokémon remained on its spot beside Sayo, making me assume that the Pokémon belonged to Sayo. I curiously took out my Pokédex and checked the Pokémon out.

"Espeon; the Sun Pokémon. It uses the fine hair that covers its body to sense air currents and by reading air currents, it can predict things such as the weather or its foe's next move."

"Zuki and I just remembered about this letter we received for you two," Sayo informed us, passing us the letter from Espeon's jaws while digging through the bag she was wearing. "We found that and this in the theatre. I'm sure that it has some relevant meaning behind them."

She handed me another letter; the one that was addressed to me only. I stashed that in my bag and handed the one Espeon had to Silver. Afterward, I thanked Sayo for the letters and asked Silver to open the letter for both of us.

Lyra and Silver,

Welcome to Ecruteak City, known for its historical story of the two Legendary Pokémon, Ho-oh and Lugia. You both must've learned by now the history between those two Legendary Pokémon and the three Legendary Beasts: Entei, Raikou, and Suicune. If you ever encounter Ho-oh and Lugia, never let anger get the best of you.