Chapter 30

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1017

~~♛~~

Lyra~

"Wow! That was an awesome fight!" Janina exclaimed, running up towards us with sparkles in her eyes.

I watch Jasmine return her Steelix into its Pokéball, with a peaceful smile on her face before approaching us. Sneasel silently stood beside Silver while the latter was staring at Janina with a neutral expression.

"That was an interesting battle. It seems you two have a lot of tricks up your sleeves," Jasmine commented.

She must've been referring to Togetic who used Metronome frequently during the battle. First, it was Flamethrower, Magical Leaf, Quick Attack, and then the list continued. Also, I never realized how agile Sneasel was. Janina's Pokémon, Onix, wasn't able to land anything.

Silver didn't even need to command Sneasel to do anything. He just stood while Sneasel was dealing with Onix. It felt as if Sneasel knew what moves Silver was going to tell it to do. However, it wasn't enough to handle the sandstorm Steelix conjured.

"Let me get the badge! You guys stay right here!" Janina exclaimed, skipping her way out of the room.

"I see... So you two are really wearing identical bracelets." I noticed Jasmine gazing at the bracelets Silver and I wore. In an instant, I recalled the contents of the first letter we received back then.

"Yeah... we are trying to collect all the badges and defeat the man in the Pokémon League," I explained.

"Interesting... that sounds like a wonderful adventure! I wish you two the best of luck. If you haven't already, you should go to Cianwood City and challenge the Gym there. I'll let the Gym Leader there know you're coming," Jasmine informed me.

By the time she mentioned that Janina came back with a badge in her hands. I accepted the badge from her before Silver and I left the Gym. Sneasel ran ahead and stood near the bars that separated this piece of land and the waters. I smiled and ran ahead as well, wanting to feel the wind against my face.

"Are we heading to the Gym now?" I asked.

"That's up to you. I don't care, and you seem to be enjoying yourself," Silver bluntly sighed.

My lips curved as I continued to gaze at the ocean. Togetic began hovering around my head, staring at the Pokémon who decided to jump over the surface of the water. I hastily grabbed my camera and began taking pictures of the Pokémon that decided to appear.

While I was doing so, I grabbed my Pokédex and began registering some of the Pokémon appearing in the water. Hopefully, by the end of our adventure, the Pokédex will be filled with much information about Pokemon. My hands froze as I thought about that statement.

The end of our adventure... The only reason we are doing this was to remove the bracelets. However, does that really mean I'll never see Silver again?

"Hey, what's wrong?" I heard Silver ask from behind me, feeling his hand on my shoulder

I held onto his hand and let out a sigh. 'It's okay,' I told myself. He's right here... For now, he'll always be right here.

"Hey Silver, remember the time where I asked if we could go to Sinnoh one day?" I asked him.

"Like I said before... 'Only time will tell'. Stop looking so depressed. I don't want to deal with it further," he responded.

I nodded, attempting to soothe my heart with happy thoughts. Since when did my heart began beating furiously whenever Silver is near me? As I thought about that, Togetic began hovering in front of my face.

She's smiling gleefully, as a possible attempt to cheer me up. I smiled back, releasing myself from Silver's grasp to hug Togetic. My mood seems to have gotten better.

Silver brought out Kadabra who was ready to take us to Cianwood City. Just as the Psychic Type Pokémon was about to raise his spoon, I suddenly realized something... something really important. My hand reached out and grabbed Silver's sleeve.

"Wait, Silver. Did we even receive two letters from someone in Olivine City? You know—the ones that were supposed to be about Jasmine," I questioned.

He shrugged. "We're collecting badges, not letters. Don't you think it's strange that the people who had the letters are appearing before our eyes? It's all a setup. This guy knows something, from the letter we got in Ecruteak City."

"Then what should we do?" I asked.

"Do not think about it too much. I'm here, remember? I'm not going to let you die off until we get this bracelet off and part ways," he replied, snapping his figure to signal Kadabra to use Teleport.

I nodded, anticipating that time where we will part. I want to stay with Silver but that would be too selfish. Right now, I will enjoy the time I have left.

"Don't let go, okay?" he whispered.

I nodded and embraced him back, as Sneasel climbed on Silver's shoulder and Togetic flew closer. Kadabra's spoon bent, with a flash of light welcoming us from the Psychic-type Pokemon.

~~♛~~

*When you debate whether or not you wrote things in past or present tense*

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~