Chapter 25

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia, Pokémon Adventures

Number of Words: 1141

~~♛~~

Silver~

"Then why don't you try some? My daughter would be very happy to hear any compliments you possibly might have," he replied happily.

I managed to see a glimpse of light blue within the forest. While Lyra was talking to the man, I averted my attention to the light in the trees. I gazed at the light, trying to figure out who was there.

Staring at the light, it felt familiar, as if I had seen that light before... It was as if that light reminded me of someone...

...father...?

Blinding images flashed through my eyes. I saw him coughing... I saw fire and destruction... I heard someone crying... I was crying...

Why was that light there...? Who was calling out to me... Celebi?

There was another image... Who was that guy in the mask... Masked children...

Before I knew it, the light burst, as if the object was getting closer and closer. I was consumed by darkness, faster than the words that left the girl's lips.

"Are you sure he's alright?"

"Yeah... Nothing about him seems to be off. Perhaps it's because of exhaustion. How much sleep does he normally get?"

What was I thinking about, and at a time like this... Where was I again?

"Most of the time, he sleeps after me, so I don't really know how much sleep he gets. However... I don't think it's exhaustion..."

That voice... Oh yeah...

I felt a spread of warmth on top of my forehead, forcing my eyes to open. Looking down at me with her worried brown eyes, there was Lyra who was sitting on her knees beside me. I glanced up and saw her hand on top of my forehead.

She must've realized that I was fully awake. Her cheeks began to turn bright red, as she retracted her hand off my forehead. After that, I got up to a sitting position, realizing that I was in a different place.

"Ah... he's awake," the man from before stated.

"That's good. Even if it's not exhaustion, make sure he gets a good rest. It's the afternoon right now, so there's no rush," a woman, presumably his wife, informed Lyra.

She nods her head in response and as the two couple left the room, Lyra glances back towards me. We were now alone in a room. I glanced back at Lyra, seeing the remaining concerning expression written on her face.

Lyra's easy to read, like most people out there within this world.

"What?" I questioned.

Her eyes widened. "Huh?"

"Don't look at me like that. Whatever's in your mind, just say it," I demanded.

"O-oh... I was just wondering what you were looking at when you were staring at the trees," she confessed.

Togepi was sleeping in her arms. Her Bayleef must be back in its Pokéball. I recalled the last time I saw Celebi. When I woke up in Viridian City, the first thing I remembered was Celebi, before the identity of my father. I had a purpose... I had to find Celebi, since it was a Pokémon that can travel through time.

What happened before I couldn't remember anything? Was my old man involved? And also... what were the masked children, and why did I feel uneasy when I saw myself behind that mask...

"It was nothing," I replied nonchalantly.

"'It's nothing', you say... That's not what it appeared to me. There has to be something that's running through your mind," she exclaimed.

I sighed, proceeding to get up on my feet. She doesn't know when to quit when it comes to others. However, my arm was pulled and I ended up sitting back down onto the ground.

"The woman told you to rest, Silver," Lyra said to me firmly.

"I don't care what she said."

I escaped from her grasp and proceeded to the door. She ended up following me, most likely giving up. Thoughts of Celebi ran through my mind, as I was unable to reach a conclusion. Why did I freeze when I saw it today? I was after it, wasn't I?

It was as if that Celebi knew I needed its assistance... and had something to show, since it was calling me... or at least that's what I believed.

"Hey Silver," I heard Lyra call my name.

Over the times I'm with this girl, I felt somewhat tolerant whenever she gives me a shoulder to lean onto. I haven't backlashed at her and I didn't have the energy to do so. Was I growing soft?

"I really hope you can trust me further and I hope to help you whenever I can," she smiled gently, glancing down shyly at a sleeping Togepi.

I refused to respond. After I was told what happened by another girl familiar to me, she became the only one I felt most comfortable talking to. She said I knew her, before my memories became vague and blurry, and did her best to explain to me my background. I was never told who she was, only that she knew me and understood my... suffering...?

It's strange how Lyra's kindness reminded me of the other girl's sympathetic tone. I never saw her since... and that's how I came across Team Rocket. I learned everything about who my father was from them.

"Hey! Excuse me!"

A high cheery voice greeted us from the room we pasted. Lyra stopped me as we both turned to see a small girl waving her hand around frantically.

"Daddy said you like our Miltank outside!" she exclaimed.

I noticed the smile Lyra had on her lips, as she dragged me closer to the girl. When they decided to talk, I decided not to listen. Instead, I looked out the window and stared endlessly into the forest.

I didn't care about my father's business... but I realized that I had to find him and learn everything about my past.

~~♛~~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~