Chapter 41

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1552

~~♛~~

Lyra~

After the events that occurred in the underground lair, Ethan and Lance promised not to say a word to anyone, especially when Silver was still wanted as a criminal—of course, in exchange for Silver to not do anything illegal, which was an easy task for Silver to follow... for now, at least.

Lance gave us his phone number, just in case an occurrence happened that must be brought up to our attention. Speaking of Lance, he informed us that he would make arrangements with the Mahogany Gym Leader and the next city's Gym Leader.

It's probably for double reassurance since it wasn't guaranteed that the other Gym Leaders had received Jasmine's message.

As for Ethan, he had to make sure the police didn't get too close to us. He also informed us that Mahogany's Officer Jenny was told to 'stay out of our way' from the mysterious figure she met before the lake events. Ethan reassured us that he'll work with her to keep the other police forces off our tails.

As much as I was thankful for his efforts, I was a bit worried that helping us would turn him into a criminal like us.

"You don't need to worry about me, alright? I'll be fine. I'm always fine," Ethan said, reassuringly.

I shook my head. "Ethan, do you know how merciless the police can be? We were almost caught in Cianwood City and I don't want to risk—"

"I want to help, Lyra. That's my decision and I'm not going to change that anytime soon. I'm going to give all I've got to make sure you're safe, until things are sorted out where you can come back to New Bark Town with a smile... Here—hold onto this Pokéball; it's Marill's," he interrupted, extending his arm to pass me the Pokéball which must've belonged to Marill.

I hesitated for a bit but accepted the Pokéball from him. My eyes remained glued to the Pokéball as if Ethan was entrusting Marill's happiness and safety to me. It made my heart clench, my mind proceeding to question Ethan's thoughts as to what he was doing.

Silver placed his hand on my shoulder, and when I glanced up he was already staring at Ethan with an earnest gaze. It surprised me, but it wasn't extinct for him to do so. Ethan nodding his head, as if they both knew what the other was going to say. I was about to open my mouth, but Silver stopped me.