Chapter 39

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1555

~~♛~~

Lyra~

The grunts had yet to expect that Silver—their leader's own son—would betray them. None of them took the initiative to argue with him, nor did they had any feeling of doing so. They thought he was on their side but how wrong they were.

In the meantime, Silver and I approached a stairwell that took us further down the lair. When we continued moving forward, Silver pointed directly towards an iron door to show me what he wanted me to see. With the Pokéball he had in his hand the entire time, he brought out Feraligatr and commanded him to destroy the door.

With Feraligatr's brute strength, the door was smashed to the floor, in a crumbled state. I noticed a lot of complicated technology-based stuff inside the room, which could be the control room where the source of the sound is coming from. I glanced at the window, noticing some poor circular Pokémon who were attached to the machines.

Silver released my hand and approached a teal-screened panel. When he touched the screen, coded readings appeared in front of him.

"First let's see if I can stop the sound..." Silver muttered, pushing a ton of buttons on the panel. While he was doing his best to turn off the sound, something just caught up in my mind; I wonder why Silver mentioned that staring at the statues earlier made him feel nostalgic.

"Silver, about those statues... why did they make you feel nostalgic?" I asked.

"And why are you asking now?" he questioned back.

"You said that your memories were blurry to the point of being unrecognizable... I was wondering if you remembered something from looking at those statues, that might've brought up the conclusion that they were part of security," I explained, unfazed by his somewhat harsh tone from before.

"Oh, that..." Silver sighed. "We can talk about it later. Tell that friend of yours that we found the source."

I nodded and took out my Pokégear, attempting to call Ethan of our situation. However, he wasn't picking up his gear. After a minute or so of constant calling, I turned the Pokégear off and turned to Silver. I feared for the worst for him. Who knows how low Team Rocket can be?

"He's not picking up. I'm worried about him... we don't know what kind of strange people are part of Team Rocket," I informed him.