Chapter 1

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc.)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1408

~~♛~~

Lyra~

"So over there is the Pokémon Center. Nurse Joy would heal you Pokémon there whenever they're badly hurt. The one beside it is the Pokémon Mart. They sell some useful items you might need throughout your journey."

Right now, an elder was showing me around Cherrygrove City and gave me some tips and advice for my journey. Chikorita and I started following him to the northwestern part of the city. So far, Chikorita looks happy as she's skipping along beside me.

"Route 30 is north from here. You mentioned that you're looking for Mr. Pokémon's house, correct?" he asked.

"Yup. I'm retrieving a Pokémon Egg from him," I informed him.

"Well, Mr. Pokémon's is just further up the route. Be careful, though. There are some Trainers who are training with their Pokémon and might request to battle. Oh, and also..."

He handed me a strange metal bracelet. "I apologize, but can you help me with something? You see, a cloaked man came by recently and told me to give this to a girl named Lyra, right after I received this. I pretty sure he meant you as your name happens to be Lyra. Don't know what it is though."

I decided to wear it since it looks really cool around my wrist. It suddenly became a bit tighter at first, but then it suddenly secured itself on my wrist. What is this anyway?

"This letter is also given to me. The guy told me to give you this message. 'Open it when you meet the other half.' I don't know what it means, though, but it sounds too important. I must get going now. See you later, miss," the old man parted.

Nothing seems to be bad about the bracelet. Is there suppose to be a hidden camera inside? Well, I shouldn't worry about that now.

"What a strange device. Anyways, let's go Chikorita!" I cheered.

"Chika!" she cried out.

And that settles it; we're heading straight towards Route 30. As we continued north, we saw a tree growing some strange fruits or berries. Chikorita and I decided to ask the man in the house about that tree.

Because of that, we head to the house beside the tree and knocked on its door. The door opened, revealing a man who must've been living in that house.

"Hello, lass. How may I help you?" he greeted me.

"Hi. I was just wondering about that tree you have beside your home. What is the fruit that's growing over there on your tree?" I asked.