Chapter 24

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1067

~~♛~~

Lyra~

"We won our fourth badge! Isn't this amazing, Silver?" I beamed, showing him the Fog badge we received from Morty. Silver replied with a simple hum, while I followed him out of the gym with a bright smile on my face.

We also learned that Morty was oblivious of the letter's contents, knowing that he was only told specific instructions from 'S' and nothing more. However, I noticed Silver thinking deeply about the matter... or perhaps something else.

I recalled what Morty said to me before leaving the Gym.

"Oh! And Lyra?"

I turned around after hearing my name and saw Morty standing beside me, grasping my hand. He laced our fingers together and brought my right wrist up to his face.

Although he was focussed on the bracelet around my wrist, I can't help but blush at the feeling of his hot breath making contact with my skin.

"Yeah... That thing does look unbreakable. It doesn't even look like something made in this generation."

Something that wasn't made in this generation... how is that even possible? And how did S come into possession of such a thing? Concerned, I glanced down at the bracelet.

"Hey Silver, do you think your father's creation has something to do with the future?" I asked curiously.

"Dunno, don't care," he replied, brushing off my question in a carefree way.

"So where are we off to next?" I asked him after he didn't answer my previous question properly.

"Olivine City. If I recall, it should be in that direction," Silver replied.

He suddenly laced our fingers together, just how Morty did earlier. However, his grip on my hand was way tighter than Morty's gentle grip.

"...!" I blushed, suddenly realizing I was telling myself how comforting Silver's hand was, compared to Morty's.

"Are you going to start complaining?" He questioned calmly.

I would've denied it immediately but realized how comforting his touch was. Until then, I realized Silver was waiting for a response; however, a response never escaped my lips.

Silver must've understood what I was thinking, as he continued to grip my hand and make our way west from Ecruteak City.

I hastily caught up to him and suddenly noticed slightly redden cheeks. Was he... blushing? I recalled the moment where Morty saved me from falling... was Silver jealous? Is that why we're holding hands?

Unintentionally, I grinned, glancing to my left to see Bayleef watching Togepi walk happily.

"And how are you two doing?" I asked the two Pokémon.

Bayleef and Togepi responded happily, smiling back at me.

As they did, I suddenly felt Silver's grip tighten. Deep down, I was happy Silver's taking consideration of me. Continuing to grin, I tugged his arm a bit. Silver always has this blank expression on his face.

It's like the term 'smile' wasn't even in his dictionary.

"Come on, Silver. Talk to us," I exclaimed, gently caressing the back of his palm with my thumb.

"Don't do that," he sighed, almost sharply, yanking my hand back.

I continued to smile, as Silver and I repetitively tugged each other's hand. After a few minutes, we left Ecruteak City and entered Route 38.

Glancing back at Bayleef and Togepi, I reassured myself that Bayleef will watch Togepi for me. She's adapting to this world faster than I thought. It's been quite a bit, ever since the time where she hatched out of the egg.

As we continued along the route, Silver and I battled various trainers. Most of the time, I allowed Silver to battle the trainers while I took mental notes of what kind of strategies he had, excluding his powerful, merciless attacks and barrages.

Then, Silver and I saw a house nearby that had the appearance of a regular farm. Out of curiosity, I dragged Silver closer to check it out. There were a lot of Pokémon I didn't know behind those fences, so I brought out my Pokédex to check it out.

"Miltank; the Milk Cow Pokémon. Its milk is packed with nutrition, making it the ultimate beverage for the sick or weary. If it is around babies, the milk it produces contains much more nutrition than usual."

"Those Pokémon are used to make stuff called Moomoo milk," I heard a male voice inform us from behind our backs. I turned to the source of the voice where a man left his house and approached us.

"I've noticed how you were looking curiously at our Miltanks. I apologize if I startled you in any way," the man said.

"Oh! No worries," I replied. "Honestly, this might be the first time I've even heard of Moomoo milk."

"Then why don't you try some? My daughter would be very happy to hear any compliments you possibly might have," he replied happily.

"We'd love to!"

As the man proceeded to head back to his home, I glanced at Silver and noticed he was staring into space. However, parts in his eyes looked sharp which made me question what he was looking at.

His eyes were staring towards a part of the forest nearby. I couldn't really see anything...

As I thought about that, I noticed Silver shifting a bit—no... more like wobbling!

Before Silver collapsed to the ground, I managed to catch him with my two arms, with his weight causing me to collapse as well. He wasn't waking up! What do I do!? I desperately called out his name.

"Silver...!? Hey! Please answer me!"

~~♛~~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~